ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ashh's Project Thread - Ph2 1.2 16V

Fiesta ST
Been scooting around on the forums for a little while now. Mostly looking for inspiration and building a list of options for what I want to do with my clio.

Bought her smash on the last day of July, and she came with MOT until April. Only one advisory being a CV joint.

Haven't done anything since I got her: gave her a couple of washes (rain normally does it for me!).

As there was little history to her, and with running issues early on I was getting frustrated into thinking I'd bought a dud. Being my first car, I hadn't really looked into clio's.

(History is in the spoiler!)
After asking around the local garages, found out some little things about the car. ECU was near enough new (these cost a few bob don't they?) and the plugs on the top of the engine were still shiny!

The mechanic suspected the previous owner had drove through some flood waters in Saltburn last year and flooded the engine which explains the engine bay being proper dirty :/.

The running problems were meant to be due to the lambda sensor, or so I was told. The issues were very intermittent, she'd run fine for a few days, then would be pants the next day and would be constantly spluttering, and failed to keep the revs at a steady level. Turns out the map sensor (?) based on the top of the engine cover was buggered. You could touch the sensor casing on the top, and then engine would cut out instantly. After replacing that she's been fine ever since.

EML is still on, but that's due to the lambda sensor, one needs replacing but it's not important yet as she runs fine.

I don't have many plans for her as of yet but once I'm a little better off I will:

- Give her a good clean, and my first go at detailing!
- Clean out the engine bay as its grotty as hell
- Refurb headlights (undecided on xenons!)
- Re-black the plastics on the outside or colour code them, not sure yet!
- Get some Team Heko's
- Fit 40mm springs all round (need advice on the best ones to make her look much nicer)
- Hunt down and buy some OZ f1's or Pro Race 1.2s (undecided)
- Paint the calipers and drums
- Attempt to clean up the bonnet chips!
- Get a Cup spoiler
- Get a decent stubby, what are the most popular ones?

FUTURE - Possible 172 rep? Maybe!

That's all I have planned at the minute, only have one picture of her I took down towards South Gare. I don't even know the colour code/official colour name! :(:eek:

1185878_10201620877621500_875424797_n.jpg