ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ass Lift?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
So we have the face-lift models, but I've given my Ph1 an ass lift, I finally finished it off today with the addition of a cup spoiler :)

Hope ya'll like, quite frankly, I bloody love it.

Original Look
6-1.jpg

Before Spoiler

a.jpg

b.jpg

After

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

Last edited:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Is it me or are the before and afters exactly the same? Still looks good tbh!

b/g 182, meg tourer
aaah, new photo now!
ph1 rear ends are pretty bland and look a bit dated and nothing special but the front end looks better than a ph2 imo. having a ph1 with a ph2 rear is the best of both worlds. good work!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Photobucket is having a bit of an error day, if you press CTRL + F5 it should fix the pics... LOL! Sorry :eek:

Links are all fixed now, so photos should be right.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looks fantastic imo. LOL @ Clart "lets post the right pictures..." Mr Pissy.

Cheers mate, I think Clart must have a thorn stuck in his japseye or something tbh? ;)

I'm a purist when it comes to exterior lol I've not even fitted silver visions or clear side repeaters.

LOL, Well as many will tell you, I'm pretty much the anti purist, I love the ph1.5 look. Ph1 front end is epic, the rest of the ph2 is better, IMO of course.

P.s do the photos work properly now?

LHD ph1 172
I'm still undecided whether to do the same thing on my Clio, but I like it

is google translator working well?:D

320d
I prefare the origional rear end. Only PH2 parts on my car is the rear lights.

It makes the back of the car look a bit fat with the PH2 bits on it, a little busy. Just doesn't suit the old school look of the PH1 imo.

Each to their own though mate, looks a nice example.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'm still undecided whether to do the same thing on my Clio, but I like it

is google translator working well?:D

Google translator is working brilliantly mate :)

Thanks for the positive comment

I prefare the origional rear end. Only PH2 parts on my car is the rear lights.

It makes the back of the car look a bit fat with the PH2 bits on it, a little busy. Just doesn't suit the old school look of the PH1 imo.

Each to their own though mate, looks a nice example.

I think what you dislike, is what I like the most, I like It widen's/butch's up the rear end of the car, although I do think it now needs the 197 RS badge.... all in good time, cash money does not come easy!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I could alway try having a head on crash? Front end may look similar then? ;)

I didn't like the 197 badge until I saw one on steve's ph2 this weekend, looks better than in pictures, is much smaller than the original and tidies up the rear end.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Nice. Much better with the spoiler now although i still prefer the ph1 bumper.

You going to colour code the boot handle?

Audi TT 3.2
looks loads better, not a fan of the ph1 rear bumper!

a recessed exhaust would finish that off nicley

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
If your going to put a Ph2 rear bumper and lights on, then please change the boot badge.

Its on a maybe to-do list, if not it'll be a case of either carbon wrapping, or colour coding the standard item.

Nice. Much better with the spoiler now although i still prefer the ph1 bumper.

You going to colour code the boot handle?

As above, either CC, carbon wrap or put a ph2 boot on.

Much better, might have to do the same eventually... ;)

I really think its a very worth while mod, it looks so much better in the flesh or in a well taken photo than it does in my iffy iPhone snaps.

looks loads better, not a fan of the ph1 rear bumper!

a recessed exhaust would finish that off nicley

Unsure on the exhaust at the moment, like how wide the ph2 bumper is, and the exhaust breaks it up a bit, time will tell...

Cheers for all the comments, even you tossers that don't like it ;)