ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Assassin's Creed - Revelations

Octy VRS
Following a fair bit of teasing, Ubisoft has finally announced Assassin's Creed Revelations.

Labelled "the final chapter in the Ezio trilogy", the game's set for release on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC in November. It would be nice to see the PC edition release on time alongside the console versions for once, so here's hoping. You can see the first screenshot below.

As well as concluding the Ezio trilogy, Revelations will see the return of the franchise's highly regarded multiplayer component, which has been "refined and expanded" and features "more modes".

Here's the full press release:

Today, Ubisoft announced the development of Assassin's Creed Revelations, the fourth installment in the critically acclaimed and immensely popular video game franchise. Developed and led by Ubisoft Montreal with the support and expertise of Ubisoft studios Annecy, Massive Entertainment, Quebec, Singapore and Bucharest, Assassin's Creed Revelations presents the most immersive experience available in the series to date and the culmination of Ezio's adventure. The game is set to release on the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation3 computer entertainment system and Windows PC this November.

Initially launched in 2007, the first three Assassin's Creed games have sold more than 28 million units worldwide, and the franchise is now established as one of the best-selling series on next generation consoles. Recognized for having some of the richest, most engrossing storytelling in the industry, Assassin's Creed has transcended video games, branching out into other entertainment experiences such as comic books, Facebook, novels, short films and more.

In Assassin's Creed Revelations, master assassin Ezio Auditore walks in the footsteps of his legendary mentor, Altaïr, on a journey of discovery and revelation. It is a perilous path - one that will take Ezio to Constantinople, the heart of the Ottoman Empire, where a growing army of Templars threatens to destabilize the region.

In addition to Ezio's award-winning story, the acclaimed online multiplayer experience returns, refined and expanded, with more modes, more maps and more characters that allow players to test their assassin skills against others from around the world. The latest chapter in the Assassin's Creed saga also includes revolutionary gameplay, allowing players to manipulate the construct of Desmond's memories and the Animus to decipher the mysteries of his past and gain insight into the future.

"Delivering the final chapter of the Ezio trilogy is an important milestone in the Assassin's Creed franchise for us and for our fans," said Alexandre Amancio, Creative Director at Ubisoft Montreal. "Assassin's Creed Revelations includes lots of new features and some significant surprises. We can't wait to show our fans what we have in store at E3 this year."

News: Assassin's Creed Revelations officially announced, first screenshot released - ComputerAndVideoGames.com
Shamelessly stolen from AV Forums. I'm playing through the second at the moment and then will do Brotherhood. Should follow on nicely.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Nice. Cant wait for this.,

Just got the second one to play through again as all the data was on my stolen ps3. Might have to get brotherhood next and play through that again.

Amazing games.

1.8 Civic EX
realy enjoyed the first two. Brotherhood started well, but it's now feeling like a chore to finish it rather than fun. Gave up on it tbh. Might give it another bash at somepoint to get it finished before this one comes out..

I love Lamp
realy enjoyed the first two. Brotherhood started well, but it's now feeling like a chore to finish it rather than fun. Gave up on it tbh. Might give it another bash at somepoint to get it finished before this one comes out..

Yeah I found it class at the start but then just got a bit bored and traded it in a while back. Might get this one though.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah its worth playing Brotherhood. IMO best of the 3 so far. So much to do in the game aswell.
Didn't rate the multi player though. It took forever to get in a game.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
The 1st one was pretty poor, loved the 2nd, still got Brotherhood sealed and waiting at home.

Evo 5 RS
1st one was overhyped, and probably the biggest let down of the year. 2nd one is rich with random s**te to do and has a brilliant storyline. Where as Brotherhood, although carrying on the story, feels boxed in and very rushed with some utterly s**te sections which made me lose interest. (Sorry Gareth lol).

So I don't hold high hopes for any future titles

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Never even tried any of them, tbh. Is it all about sneaking about and creeping up on people? I honestly haven't even read up on it.

I despised several revered classics such as the Metal Gear Solid series and the Thief series, purely down to this. I have two pixels of my foot beyond the shadow of the box in front. Oh look, 32 enemies have just been alerted to my presence. Oh look, I am now dead. Fun? Hardly. ;)

D.

Evo 8 MR
Assassins Creed is as the article says, one of the best series on next generation consoles.

The first one was good but lacked varied gameplay, was too repetitive.

The second resolved that and Brotherhood's new features and multiplayer are taking the series further imo.

I do think the graphics side of things are starting to look slightly outdated, looks better on PC mind.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I think I might get this for christmas too. Battlefield will keep me going until then I think and MW3 can just wait.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Decided to pick this up last night. Had a quick look and it looks pretty good. Think its going to be a bit different to the previous ones, more weapons and a secondary weapon button (replaces eagle vision - that's now L3 I think). You can also make different bombs.
The hand to hand combat is still as good and there is a better counter attack than the previous games.

It does look like there is more to do online too so that should extend the life of it a bit more although the single player looks quite a big game too.

Graphically it has improved from Brotherhood and I think there might be more side missions too. Maps look like they are from Google earth.

Evo 5 RS
Ubisoft are a bunch of Goliath tossers. They've wrecked this franchise. Assassins Creed 2 is a masterpiece, the rest is junk.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Ubisoft are a bunch of Goliath tossers. They've wrecked this franchise. Assassins Creed 2 is a masterpiece, the rest is junk.

Oh. 2's one of my favourite games, was going to pick up Brotherhood next week...no good?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
If you liked 1 and 2 I would highly recommend Brotherhood. Moved the franchise on for the better.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Just had this delivered today, 24 quid from Amazon. Looking forward to giving it a play tomorrow!

Bumder With A Buffer
I quite enjoyed brotherhood...didn't like the previous one with Ezio in it (which maybe I should of played all the way through so I knew the story). The gameplay on the second one was just terrible.

Seemed better in Brotherhood though.

Golf R/Leon FR
Nearly finished revelations, enjoyed it tbh. Same as BH really with a few aspects (and storyline of course) changed.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Finished the game last night, just going back through now and trying to get trophies. The Desmond sequences are a poor addition imo, also the tower defense. Should have put more in to the story.
Not even entertained MP yet as I have a feeling I will be highly disappointed like I was with BH.