ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Assassins Creed Valhalla

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I loved the Assassins Creed games, particularly the early ones, but then lost interest in the last two or so.

This looks great though, and a decent campaign is the stable of any AC game (unlike many other franchises nowadays), so I’m looking forward to this. Trailer is top notch IMO.

Stuflac

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
The trailers have been better most of the recent games. Hopefully this should be decent. Some of the more recent ones have been bilge. Been watching Vikings so hopefully this should fit in nicely, if I get a chance to play it.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Odyssey and Origins were superb IMO - just loved roaming the map mindlessly discovering stuff. Really can't wait for this, going to preorder it for sure!

Still can't get over the £150 preorder deluxe editions with the figurines included, daft :LOL:

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Saw this trailer the other day and quit impressed with the story line and things you can do, never had much game time on the OC but i might give this a go when it comes out. Getting a bit tired on Multiplayer games now and would like to play Campaign.

Is there a price yet for Consoles ie PS5, i heard it'll be available for the new gen console

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
I got AC Origins a while back but just didn't get on with it... maybe need to try and get back into it before Valhalla comes out

Whos bought it? I have 20% off because of some 'U' rewards so a 40 quid game. Dont like to read up to much before hand but a quick glance over someones post said its nothing like a reskin, there is much new assets its amazing.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Have bought it, really good tbh. Think I took about 3 hours to get to the point where you turn up in England and that's as far as I've got (as had to work again)

Combat is a bit button mashy, but the scenery is stunning. I quite like the story too.

Awesome. Downloading now, I hope my cpu can cope, the game before was optimized terribly but still performed well most of the time for me.

So far so good. When I arrived at the first town I realised Ill have to lower some of the settings, now basically 60 fps give or take, I cant notice a couple frames anyway so fine by me.

Idk, I think If I can switch off analyse mode then Ill fun playing games more, all I do is clock sounds they've re used from the game before or hair designs :rolleyes: It does seem like a re skin from the one before tbf. Why would they make everything from scratch anyway?

Last edited:

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
It does sound like an interesting premise from the synopsis, although I’m not usually a fan of sword/axe fighting games. Think I’ll wait and see how you fellas fare for a bit longer.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
So is this any good then?

Not rewlly been wowed by AC since Ezio and Black flag really

It's either this or the new Cod mainly for single player. I know AC will have a lot more length but I rewlly enjoyed the MODERN warfare single player

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I started this last night, only had half an hour as I was shattered. The kid at the start has the worst voice I've heard in a game.

Seems good though. Not really done much, just mainly watched cut scenes. Will try and get some time on it this week.

I think I'll avoid Cold War for now.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I’m tempted to get this. The town reminds me a bit of Skyrim. Love those sort of games.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Well I've found an annoying glitch. Not long got to England, doing a side quest where I have to carry someone. Dropped him for a minute to fight someone and when I went to pick him up again he was inside a rock. Can't carry on with it or restart it either by the looks of things. He's the little blue dot slightly ahead of my character 😂

20201208_203837.jpg

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Amazon are doing Valhalla for £39.99 for PS and Xbox for a limited time. Normally £51.99. Sounds like a bargain?

looks like their doing a few games at a reduced price, like Watchdog Legion and Immortals.

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
im loaded about 80 hours into it. Really like it. Not even close to finishing. Probably one of the best they have done

Yaris Hybrid
Just got this for Series X. Playing in the 60fps mode that actually looks identical to the fidelity mode unless pixel peeping. I have VRR so fortunately don't have to worry about tearing.

Currently still not sure where to go with HGIG or Dynamic Tone Mapping on my LG CX as it looks too dark with the former even if it is on paper "more accurate".

The game looks beautiful by my god the game play is really outdated now.

It actually feels worse than Odyssey in terms of how clunky it is although people may say that just reflects the Viking fighting style.

After Ghost of Tsushima or just about any other sword fighting game, it feels really sluggish and awkward. Also whilst climbing up buildings in other AC games seemed to work, it just comes across as ridiculous and breaks suspension of disbelief when I'm climbing up slippery rocks by a waterfall with no visible hand holds.

I still find myself playing it though as I find the "loop" quite compelling and the exploring is good. I'll never finish it though, I wish these games were shorter as I must have put 40 hours into AC and wasn't close to finishing it!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I’m about 60 hours into Valhalla. Loving it!

The different weapons are absolutely brutal. The flail ftw 😂

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Found my copy my brother got me for Xmas that arrived back in December the other day, thought it was some other amazon parcel [emoji23]

Great game, First one I've wanted to put hours into since Ezio then Black Flag. All the ones in between were a bit meh to be honest.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Just ordered this myself, I must have put in 60hrs on both Origins and Odyssey, both absolutely superb.

No idea why I'm so late to the party tbh, can't wait to have a proper 6 hour session with no story progress whatsoever, just mindlessly wondering around and exploring!

Couple of mates have it and said Odyssey was probably better overall, especially the map, but the weapons and combat in this are pretty brutal.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
92 hours in and still loving it. Nearly finished 'The Order' too. Skill Level 330.

The new River Raid game mode is decent too. Just hacking for days 😂

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
I'm about 40 hours into Odyssey, I also picked up Origins a while back on offer and haven't started that yet, gonna keep a keen eye on this for when it's on offer and get it bought :D

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I think it needs a weapon wheel or something. It's annoying of I run out of arrows, I have to go into the menu and select a different bow.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Combat system feels a little clunky as well if I'm honest, The older games that used XYZA for combat felt a lot more fluid imo

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Enjoying it so far. However, found the whole initial Norway section to be a bit of a drag. Felt like one continuous cutscene in some parts.

Just got to England and its 10x better already!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Had an hour last night and half hour this morning before I had to go out.
Still feels a bit clunky but it's a good game. Don't think I've done much over the time I've played yet.