ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Assetto Corsa.... Where the hell are you guys, you're missing out!

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Recently got this for a bit of reminder practise of the ring. Although I still prefer iRacing it is nice to have a wide selection of road cars etc.

The new Japanese pack is fun with some rotary goodness (random picture I took) -

EkqdtN1.jpg

Citroen DS3 DSport
My copy arrived yesterday and although the settings and some other things need polished and added to the game overall I'm impressed. The car handling is excellent and the FFB works great with the wheel once I turned down the strength. Driving a Ferrari 458 GT2 around Spa is great fun. The car audio is also very good.

My sim driving is also in need of practice!!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Wonder how this is with a pad. Completely forgot about this game coming out and just now turned my xbox on and saw it was released.

RS Clio 182
This was released too close to F1 2016 for me,so il probably pick it up later in the year,when some patches have ironed things out aswell. I really like the hardcore driving aspect of it all,but im still wondering if Project Cars still holds the best of both worlds. Im very intrigued to try it out though.

mk1 Octavia VRS
I bought this on Steam recently, not had time to play it much yet though.

So far only used it with my Xbox pad and the steering is quite difficult. Haven't tried tweaking settings yet though. I've also got a wheel & pedals kindly donated by a mate after he upgraded so I will try that out soon.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
I bought this on Steam recently, not had time to play it much yet though.

So far only used it with my Xbox pad and the steering is quite difficult. Haven't tried tweaking settings yet though. I've also got a wheel & pedals kindly donated by a mate after he upgraded so I will try that out soon.

I think it's the most natural feeling of all the sims I've played with a wheel so you should deffo give it a go!

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I got this on Xbox one when it came out, feels good with little tweaking needed for FFB on my TX wheel but it's a bit lacking in terms of adjustments, the GUI is horrible and the graphics are nothing special.

I still prefer Pcars and it feels better to me IMO with it having so many adjustments. The laser scanned tracks in AC are nice though

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
PSN: johngordon1981
Feel free to add me, got this on the PS4 now (sold me pc... I know right :S). Would be great to race a few of you online.

John

RS Clio 182
£20 for it on PSN until January 20th...will be getting it for that price,been waiting for a price drop. I dont have high expectation as i love Pcars so much,but we will see. Might be just worth to drive a few realistic Ferraris about on the Ring hehe.

Following the post above, I bought this on PS4 last night. I’m enjoying it but I think that I prefer Project Cars. I’m still on the first tier of events though, so it’s early days.

RS Clio 182
Yeah,playing Pcars after going on AC is like playing on a newer gen game. The graphics are so lifeless and sterile on AC,i mean where is the sun and the shards of sunlight? Or maybe it is Pcars which is OTT,but i love stuff like dynamic time of day and weather.

Also the presentation on AC is horrendous,it all feels unfinished and the career tacked on as an afterthought. Even the thumbnails on the events are blurry as hell - they forgot to use the hi-res versions. Cockpits look slightly better in Pcars,and so do the AI cars on track.

On the plus side,it DOES feel more realistic regarding the physics - Pcars lets you ride the curbs much more and it doesnt effect your performance - in AC you can 'feel' what going off track and on curbs is doing to your car,it really effects your lap times. Im going to have to change the way i drive in this. Comparing Imola lap times on both games,i was a lot slower on AC - a combo of laser scanned tracks with bumps etc. and the physics. I quite enjoy how realistic it is,as nailing a lap is very satisfying when youre racing the AI.

Sounds are on a par with Pcars,maybe even better,with the wnd at high speeds and the suspensions creaking under curbs - some nice touches there.

Good news is that customizable championships are coming to it,so that maybe something to look forward to. Atm,£20 was about right for it - i wouldnt have been happy paying full price as it couldve been so much more in regards to graphics and career.

Clio182
I have both assetto corsa and project cars , owned a logitech g29 for a month now and blimey, what a time to be alive! Both project cars and assetto corsa bring simulation to the next level ! Both are awesome.

I must say though I prefer project cars as I play on the pc for fun and assetto corsa is too frustrating, if you get it slightly wrong your race is game over. Project cars on the other hand is class , online is so competitive where a single race meetibg can last over one hour , practice qualifying and the racing. Superb stuff !

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah,playing Pcars after going on AC is like playing on a newer gen game. The graphics are so lifeless and sterile on AC,i mean where is the sun and the shards of sunlight? Or maybe it is Pcars which is OTT,but i love stuff like dynamic time of day and weather.

Also the presentation on AC is horrendous,it all feels unfinished and the career tacked on as an afterthought. Even the thumbnails on the events are blurry as hell - they forgot to use the hi-res versions. Cockpits look slightly better in Pcars,and so do the AI cars on track.

On the plus side,it DOES feel more realistic regarding the physics - Pcars lets you ride the curbs much more and it doesnt effect your performance - in AC you can 'feel' what going off track and on curbs is doing to your car,it really effects your lap times. Im going to have to change the way i drive in this. Comparing Imola lap times on both games,i was a lot slower on AC - a combo of laser scanned tracks with bumps etc. and the physics. I quite enjoy how realistic it is,as nailing a lap is very satisfying when youre racing the AI.

Sounds are on a par with Pcars,maybe even better,with the wnd at high speeds and the suspensions creaking under curbs - some nice touches there.

Good news is that customizable championships are coming to it,so that maybe something to look forward to. Atm,£20 was about right for it - i wouldnt have been happy paying full price as it couldve been so much more in regards to graphics and career.

Tweak your feedback settings and i can guarantee Pcars feels better.

I spent the other day mainly on pcars with a mate but we stuck AC on for a bit just to drive a couple other cars and tracks that are missing from the former. It quickly got switched off. The sounds are terrible in it, E92 M3 sounds f**king awful! Not to mention the dated looked GUI and poor graphics.

RS Clio 182
Tweak your feedback settings and i can guarantee Pcars feels better.

I spent the other day mainly on pcars with a mate but we stuck AC on for a bit just to drive a couple other cars and tracks that are missing from the former. It quickly got switched off. The sounds are terrible in it, E92 M3 sounds f**king awful! Not to mention the dated looked GUI and poor graphics.

Ive got to say having played more AC now,the handling is a lot more 'detailed' than Pcars - theres little things you notice also with the laser scanned tracks,you can hit a bump on a particular bit of straight that can make you hear the suspension creak,and then the next lap you go over a slightly different area and you dont hear it. You dont get that on Pcars. This is what i like over Pcars,it does feel more realistic - nothing to do with FFB. For me the KTM Crossbow drives much better in AC - i compared it to Pcars and it just wasnt as satisfying to drive. Both games have drawbacks,but id still choose Pcars as it is just the more 'complete' package in most regards. Theres so many 'unfinished' elements in AC. I think sound is on a par though on both games.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I prefer the feel of AC over PC. Both and very good but AC wins for me. Can't wait for the Red Pack DLC tomorrow.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Red pack and Porsche pack 2 is out today isn't it? Mine is currently doing a 2.5gb update which ill assume has the content.

I shall update shortly

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Ive got to say having played more AC now,the handling is a lot more 'detailed' than Pcars - theres little things you notice also with the laser scanned tracks,you can hit a bump on a particular bit of straight that can make you hear the suspension creak,and then the next lap you go over a slightly different area and you dont hear it. You dont get that on Pcars. This is what i like over Pcars,it does feel more realistic - nothing to do with FFB. For me the KTM Crossbow drives much better in AC - i compared it to Pcars and it just wasnt as satisfying to drive. Both games have drawbacks,but id still choose Pcars as it is just the more 'complete' package in most regards. Theres so many 'unfinished' elements in AC. I think sound is on a par though on both games.

I spent a few hours on AC tonight after tweaking some settings and i maybe was a bit harsh on it, Both are great, Pcars needs a lot of tweaking of the settings to get it to a place that i feel is good where as AC is pretty much sorted from the get go.

Quite enjoyed it but i still stand by the other comments about graphics and sound, The 991 GT3 RS is incredible to drive though, Brilliant fun. So much so that i ended up doing 6 BTG laps on the trot haha!

RS Clio 182
Yeah il be getting the half price season pass this week,and picking up the new DLC. Red Bull ring is one of my favourite tracks,and will be ideal for testing out the cars. Ive heard customizable championships are coming to console aswell,which is a big plus for me. The AI on the game is so variable - one of the quick races on career i put it to 'very easy' and the winner won by 17 seconds! Then on another race i can win quite easily..

RS Clio 182
Well ive played game more over the weekend,and ive got to say the feeling of driving the cars is better than Pcars now - the way you feel the bumps and curbs of the laser scanned tracks is second to none,i havnt ever enjoyed a racing game more for the 'pure' driving. Its a slow burner,but it takes over a week to grab you imo.

And normally i hate all road cars,the long braking distances,the grip compared to the GT/tuned cars - but the Ferrari 458 changed my mind on that,it is a fantastic car to drive.

I ran a 15 lap race at Red Bull Ring in the Scuderia P4/5 on 'medium' setting - it was a fantastic race,i was battling in the middle of the pack most of the race,was catching the car ahead but i made one mistake and the few laps of catching up were put to waste. It feels very realistic concerning AI pacing,depending what car theyre in.

Theres also some really nice little sound effects you notice - like being right behind an AI car,and you hear the ferocious exhaust blast right in your face. :)

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I really want to like this as it is fantastic in terms of feel, physics and the laser scanned tracks, However the graphics, sounds and GUI really puts a stop to that. It genuinely looks like a previous gen game at times and sounds on par.

RS Clio 182
I really want to like this as it is fantastic in terms of feel, physics and the laser scanned tracks, However the graphics, sounds and GUI really puts a stop to that. It genuinely looks like a previous gen game at times and sounds on par.

What dont you like about the sound? I think its on par or better than Pcars. Little details like the creaking of suspension.

And yeah the GUI is really simple,but i kind of like that as you hop in and out of hot laps easily.

Pcars does feel so much more polished though. And yeah the graphics arnt great,the trees look poor - but im knid of seeing past that now and enjoying the driving. After all,theyre just trees hehe.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
It just doesnt sound realistic, Some of the car engines sound completely off and nothing like they should, Detracts a bit from the experience for me.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've been enjoying the Red Pack, the F1 cars are very good. Red Bull Ring is a fun track for hot lapping and the Porsche 919 Hybrid 2015 is a beast of a car. I also enjoy the sounds in this game, some of the cars have a very raw and real sound to them. I prefer the physics of Assetto and the polish of PC.

Citroen DS3 DSport
The online custom lobby update is released for PS4 tomorrow.

We're pleased to announce that Update v 1.14, featuring all-new FREE bonus content, including 5 cars, as well as our home made Highlands track, will launch on May 17th for PlayStation 4.

Update v 1.14 also brings a bunch of highly requested features to Assetto Corsa, including Online Custom Lobbies, Custom Championships, an updated physics engine and more!

Xbox One players, stay tuned! We hope to launch Update v 1.14 very soon. Watch this space for more info...

CONSOLE UPDATE V 1.14 NOTES >http://bit.ly/2qnNXPU

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just configured the graphics settings and had a little braaaap of the RX7.

Quit and then went to the GeForce Experience to realise that there were far, far more bits of eye candy I could switch on. Think I'll dig the wheel out over the weekend.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Not got the wheel out yet, but been having a dabble with the pad for now. Setup a two-lap race of the Highlands Long stage against 24(?) opponents, but proper mixed up the car types in there.

I picked the epic Mazda 787B and crawled away, letting the pack pull away slightly. After 10 seconds or so, off I went and proceeded to work through the rolling traffic jam.

Strangely good fun. Slow cars being despatched and left for dead with a simple change in direction - others requiring a downshift (or two) and timing the Mazda's crazy high-end power correctly, to overtake before the next corner.

I didn't finish however - a turn to the right on a long straight made the Mazda unstable and I couldn't catch it on the pad. Car written off....