ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Assetto Corsa.... Where the hell are you guys, you're missing out!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
There’s always been car mods for Assetto, but this site is doing a great job of putting them all under one roof.

Lots of tracks out there too! Try racedepartment for those.
I was just going off the file dates - a lot of them seemed very new. Unless that's just the date that the site had them uploaded to it, rather than physically being written then?

I like the 'driving' tracks too - rather than circuits a lot of the time. That Highlands Long is a good one - do they have similar on racedepartment for AC as well?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, the site’s only recently opened, they’re all taken from all over the place.

There’s quite a few! I’ve just got a load of circuits and a few drift courses like Mt. Akina etc, but there’s all sorts on racedepartment.

Flamer Barn Find
I'm looking to build a home race sim based on Xbox - unsure what to go for AC or Project Cars.

One thing I like about AC when I had a go on it today at my mates place was you can do a true BTG lap. Can you do this on Project Cars 2?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I've got myself a direct line to the AC development team... Awesome! A good friend of mine is personal friends with the head developer... hence my free copy of AC. Really committed bunch of guys and very enthusiastic. I'm going to see if I can get some 'inside information' so as to be able to write a decent camera mode app! :p

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I'm looking to build a home race sim based on Xbox - unsure what to go for AC or Project Cars.

One thing I like about AC when I had a go on it today at my mates place was you can do a true BTG lap. Can you do this on Project Cars 2?
PC is always going to be best for simulation if you're going to go down the route of making a sim rig - if you can stretch to it, do it.

Out of the box, Assetto doesn't have a huge selection of cars, but it is the better simulation. PCARS2 is nearly as good now I think, not perfect but almost there, but with better visuals and weather etc. From memory, I don't think you can do BTG as you don't have the 'tourist' layout that AC has.

I've got myself a direct line to the AC development team... Awesome! A good friend of mine is personal friends with the head developer... hence my free copy of AC. Really committed bunch of guys and very enthusiastic. I'm going to see if I can get some 'inside information' so as to be able to write a decent camera mode app! :tongueout:

YESSSSS. Would love that. Can you also get a C30 into AC, pretty please?

Flamer Barn Find
PC is always going to be best for simulation if you're going to go down the route of making a sim rig - if you can stretch to it, do it.

Out of the box, Assetto doesn't have a huge selection of cars, but it is the better simulation. PCARS2 is nearly as good now I think, not perfect but almost there, but with better visuals and weather etc. From memory, I don't think you can do BTG as you don't have the 'tourist' layout that AC has.

Will look into building a PC in that case. I'm looking at buying a GT Omega setup - just unsure what size TV to buy to go with it. Don't know if bigger is better.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
For the price of a 40 inch 4k TV I felt it rude not to buy one. At the end of the day you can always drop the resolution if the PC hasn't got enough horsepower to run 4k smoothly, and who knows, further down the road you might upgrade the PC and be able to run it. Bigger is better, if you have the resolution.

That said, with a GTX1080 (and, to be honest, probably a GTX1070), you can run pretty much any current racing game at 4k 60fps and max settings anyway. PC gaming isn't cheap but if you're looking at simming seriously enough to want a rig, then it does kinda make sense.

I have a 40 inch 4k monitor, and I can run some things like Dirt Rally at 4k 60fps, whereas PCARS2 I have to drop the resolution if there's a lot of cars on track.
Photo 02-07-2016 2 50 50 pm.jpg

donnylad

ClioSport Club Member
have assetto corsa on the pc anda logitech GT wheel, but if i turn the wheel 3 or 4 mm left or right im nearly fecking dohnutting!

going to try and re set it all up now using a youtube video

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
have assetto corsa on the pc anda logitech GT wheel, but if i turn the wheel 3 or 4 mm left or right im nearly fecking dohnutting!

going to try and re set it all up now using a youtube video
Same issue here with a Logitech G25. A shame that for a wheel series so well established, it simply doesn’t work straight out of the box. Project Cars 2 does.

I need to look into it too. Had a bit of a mess around with the settings, but nothing got the wheel feeling right, quickly.

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
I've got a pretty good Mk3 Clio and Mk3 Megane Trophy-R if anyone wants the files, I've recently got hooked on this and with VR puts it in a whole different ball game

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I think John Gordon might just have been right about this. Restarted the career mode now that I've replaced the Logitech G15 and I definitely prefer it to Project Cars 2. Looking forward to progressing with it.

Granted, it's not quite got the same gloss or finish as PC2, but it drives much better.

Last edited:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Started on the Novice Series 2 career mode last night with the time trial on Nurburgring Short GP. Ended up being Billy Big-b****cks and trashing the Z4 I was in on the third lap. I'll have another bash again over the weekend.

I think I've worked out (for me anyway) - why I prefer it to PC2. It's purely to do with the steering. It feels more granular - like small inputs are registered rather than nothing, nothing, turn.

I'll certainly be keeping an eye out on the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione based on this.

I've been having a great time on UK tracks (cadwell, oulton, brands) in a nissan primera I found online.

It's one of those two but can't remember which.

Clio 182
Not had a PC to play this in years but that Primera mod was awesome. (y)

Been watching some of the ACC content on YouTube, makes me want to get back into it all.

The other one reminds me of the many hours I spent making a mod for rFactor with those. Looks like the same models too. 😂