ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AST 5100 - 182 Track Car

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
I went from GAZ to AST on my track car an the difference was night an Day!

I would highly recommend AST as a product but it's a bit hit an miss on the customer service and delivery time front. Due to that I considered switching (coilovers needed a service) to the similar AVO shocks but after speaking to pure motorsport they said the AVO's were not anywhere near the same quality of the AST's.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I believe that basically everything else is pants compared to the AST's, hence my attempts to save for some.....which admittedly keeps failing!lol!

182 Cup/ Impreza RB5
what are the spax 750mc ones like, I want something for track days but still drive to and from track and think they maybe too hard for road, but don't want something too soft for track.

going to be running 888's and probably black poly bushes. unless advised other wise, am experienced on track but not with Clio's. what do you guys think?

Clio 172
OP Also interested in what these are like, are they the same as the Spax RSX kit?
As far as I'm aware, there not the same as the RSX kit.

what are the spax 750mc ones like, I want something for track days but still drive to and from track and think they maybe too hard for road, but don't want something too soft for track.

going to be running 888's and probably black poly bushes. unless advised other wise, am experienced on track but not with Clio's. what do you guys think?

I've driven them once on the road for about 10mins and it was ridiculously hard. Would not recommend them on the road!

Clio 172
The damping on the ast's will be night and day better than the spax. On my old cup I ran 450 up front and 475 at the rear. I also drove it on the road with that setup, and not once did I require a gum shield.

Many thanks NorthloopCup:cool:
I see on Kam Racing they have a race spec spring rate of 110nm/ 120nm or Trackday speck of 455lb front and rear.
What would you recommend?

182 Cup/ Impreza RB5
Thanks, i really need to figure out a good setup for to and from and on track. Most cars i have turned up pretty stiff on road coilovers for track.

Bilstein b14's any good? Rsx?

Clio 172
Thanks, i really need to figure out a good setup for to and from and on track. Most cars i have turned up pretty stiff on road coilovers for track.

Bilstein b14's any good? Rsx?

I had b14's on my 330ci fast road/ track car and I found them good