ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AST Coilovers fitted

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
12.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

8.jpg

still need to be setup

also on that day removed the aircon and fitted the cup setup

carl

ps i know its dirty lol

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Will be good to see them set up properly.

Did you get them from powerstation?

got them 2nd hand from FMP on here. He bought them from powerstation. They have stiffer rear Eibach springs on aswell.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
looks smart, you at croft again this year, hopefully going in october with a few mates

not sure to be honest mate. Me and adrian both start uni again in 2 weeks so wont have much time.

Possible though :)

ITB'd MK1
Will be good to see them set up properly.

Did you get them from powerstation?

got them 2nd hand from FMP on here. He bought them from powerstation. They have stiffer rear Eibach springs on aswell.

He got them from us (GDI) actually ;) that set wasn't the normal off the shelf spring and damper rates either, they're a little more track biased. Utterly awesome though. I think Mats car is probably the best handling I've ever driven so I hope that has translated across to yours :)

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
£850+ VAT for coilovers ALL round front and rear...

you can then opt to change the spring rates (cue DanR) to stiffer ones....

you can even upgrade to remote reservoir dampers..

we run them on our demo car and i am really impressed with their manners..

He got them from us (GDI) actually ;) that set wasn't the normal off the shelf spring and damper rates either, they're a little more track biased. Utterly awesome though. I think Mats car is probably the best handling I've ever driven so I hope that has translated across to yours :)

Apologies. :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^completely undrivable on the road then! been there tried it!

What works on track does not work on the road!

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member

totaly fine on the road, these arnt some old skool stylee coilover with a harsh drive and stuff, these are smooth on the road and very easy to drive on even on the shitty british roads, and get them on the track and its amazing

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

totaly fine on the road, these arnt some old skool stylee coilover with a harsh drive and stuff, these are smooth on the road and very easy to drive on even on the s**tty british roads, and get them on the track and its amazing

That would certainly be impressive..but i'd need a shot to be convinced. I've tried just about every set of coils on the market and if you set them up core to the track they are a nightmare on the road...Too low, too harsh, poor rebound...

The road is nothing like the track...All you need to do is try any SVA'd race car on the road and you'll see where i'm coming from! lol...

Good set up tho, i mind seein Dan's when he worked to develop them.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
totaly fine on the road, these arnt some old skool stylee coilover with a harsh drive and stuff, these are smooth on the road and very easy to drive on even on the s**tty british roads, and get them on the track and its amazing

That would certainly be impressive..but i'd need a shot to be convinced. I've tried just about every set of coils on the market and if you set them up core to the track they are a nightmare on the road...Too low, too harsh, poor rebound...

The road is nothing like the track...All you need to do is try any SVA'd race car on the road and you'll see where i'm coming from! lol...

Good set up tho, i mind seein Dan's when he worked to develop them.

currently they are abit harsh, going to sort that out this weekend.

luckily me and adrian have road cars so the main focus for this car is the track :)

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
feel free to take mine out buddy if were at a meet or somthing, i have no probs with that, have let others do the same and they came back very impressed, the only way to describe it is it drives like a firm oe car, its an odd sensation, like you over the years ive tried so many different coilover types and setups on different cars and untill these having them set to track ment harsh and backbreaking road driving.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^ Spot on then! Pics of them? (To be fair the KW's on the Vee are as comfy as the oe set up so i suppose that negates my point!) Then again i've gona Soft core on it!