ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AST questions

Clio 172
Doing some homework so hoping to get some smaller questions answered.
Car is a full track car running slicks or Yokohama AO50. Currently has Spax RSX suspension for those playing at home.

1) AST have a slotted mounting hole in the front strut. How much neg camber can you typically get (15” wheels) with this maxed out?
2) AST adjustable strut tops: how much additional neg camber (struts maxed out) do these add or if used for max caster how much extra caster can you typically add?

End game I’m hoping is I can get enough neg camber (2.5 per side) using the struts and then a good amount of caster.
A mate used to say caster makes you faster 😂

scruffydubber

ClioSport Club Member
  RS CUP
I run AST on the front although with Laguna hubs and some other mods so I can't tell you the difference to caster on there own.

I'm pretty confident you would have enough adjustment to go max caster and still exceed your desired camber.
I really don't get why people fit these mounts and then don't make use of the added caster.

Clio 172
I run AST on the front although with Laguna hubs and some other mods so I can't tell you the difference to caster on there own.

I'm pretty confident you would have enough adjustment to go max caster and still exceed your desired camber.
I really don't get why people fit these mounts and then don't make use of the added caster.
Thanks, I was hoping my thoughts all work out but keen to hear real world numbers 👍🏻

Clio 172 + Clio200T
Doing some homework so hoping to get some smaller questions answered.
Car is a full track car running slicks or Yokohama AO50. Currently has Spax RSX suspension for those playing at home.

1) AST have a slotted mounting hole in the front strut. How much neg camber can you typically get (15” wheels) with this maxed out?
2) AST adjustable strut tops: how much additional neg camber (struts maxed out) do these add or if used for max caster how much extra caster can you typically add?

End game I’m hoping is I can get enough neg camber (2.5 per side) using the struts and then a good amount of caster.
A mate used to say caster makes you faster 😂
I never measured the maximum camber angle available, but I can tell you on front I run 2.5° of camber and I use the top mounts to get as much caster as I can.
The slots would let me go way over so I guess 3° wont be a problem to reach