ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AST Top Mounts for my MK3 GT

Clio MK3 GT
Hello Community,

sorry for my bad english, but i search for some top mounts for my mk3 GT !!

I#ve found some one, but only for RS. My Question, are these top mounts the same like the GT??

Can I go more low with these top mounts ?!

ast-top-mounts_2.jpg

Quelle: kamracing.co.uk

Thanks for answer :)

Jens

Black Clio GT
yes same at the gt, had great fun trying to undo mine last weekend.........
you wont be able to go lower as it still mounts in the same way/at the same height but by the looks of it you have alot more adjustability with the ast's!!!

Last edited:
  Not a 320d
I thought the AST top mounts were only for less movement. Didnt think it provided for better adjustability.

Black Clio GT
they are upgraded bearings/rubbers for less movement too, but standard top mounts dont have those 4 star bits to alow you to move the strut forwards/backwards for less/more chamber ect....
help in no way if all your after is trying to get low if the coilovers are wound right down........

Last edited:
  Black Clio GT
no, no point as ive just got lowering springs atm, but if i decide to get coilovers/ better dampers then may aswell spend the extra £300 on these too as standard renault top mounts are notoriously w**k......

Homo spec mazda
Lol, Fair enough,I was going to order some for coilover day and just see if they fit mine, they look the same so thats a step closer.

How did you get on with the brake pads you were looking at?

Black Clio GT
can get some green stuffs for £85 or ferodos for £150ish from venom motorsport.
green stuff seems popular with the rs twingo lot but nowhere near as hard wearing as ds2500/mintex fast road/track pads........

Not a 320d
can get some green stuffs for £85 or ferodos for £150ish from venom motorsport.
green stuff seems popular with the rs twingo lot but nowhere near as hard wearing as ds2500/mintex fast road/track pads........

Are the brakes standard MK3 ones then?

Not a 320d
do you know of anywhere that sells the 260mm discs and replacement pads then, preferably the 2500's and brembo high carbon?

Black Clio GT
cant find ds 2500 as thats more of a track day pad so doubt they will bring them out for the mk3 tbh, best on offer a the min is ds performance which is more of a fast road upgrade. might be worth an email to ferodo though if thats what you want ...
have a look on venom motorsports site but if they are deffo 259mm discs then ones for the 1.5 dci/twingo rs should fit, as some sites list the 1.6 mk3 as 239mm guessing thats gonna be the less powerful engine.......