ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ast top mounts.

Rb 182
I searched this, but needing advice. I see that they need to be either spec'd to the coilover unit or machined to allow fitment.

I got these on a car and have now transfered them onto my flamer. I was never sure if all was "right" on the car they came off of. Now im sure they arn't!

I have a large black ring that sits on the top of the spring fine and a black bearing and two orange parts. Im sure thats all fitted fine. But on trying to tighten the nut the collar is to tight against the nut, meaning the nut snags on the collar. I've got a few pics.

DSC00776.gif

DSC00777.gif

DSC00778.gif

I hope you can see where its hitting. Also as you can see it did have pure motorsport ones previously fitted by these were not included in the sale of the car.

Also i need to understand how to use them. I have set the 3 bolts point away from the engine, would that give it poss or neg camber?? All in all im a little confused with them. First time into solid top mounts and i probably should have bought new, with instructions.

But hoping cs can save the day (again!).

Dave

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I bought a spanking new set from AST direct.
I was asked if they where for standard suspension or coilovers.

I expalined to the guy that they where for a trophy and he said that he had a set there and 5 days later i had a set on my door step.
They came in a box with an invoice and no instructions. Mine are still sitting in the box in the cupboard as like you dave i have no idea how to work them or set them up.

Rb 182
i would of just gone for the pure motorsport seeing as all the works been done for you, sorry i cant help :quiet:

As i say they were on my other 172, so was looking to use them rather than buy more pure motorsport ones.

I bought a spanking new set from AST direct.
I was asked if they where for standard suspension or coilovers.

I expalined to the guy that they where for a trophy and he said that he had a set there and 5 days later i had a set on my door step.
They came in a box with an invoice and no instructions. Mine are still sitting in the box in the cupboard as like you dave i have no idea how to work them or set them up.

Pain in the hoop. But im sure i'll manage to sort it. With a little help.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
If anyone wants some ast mounts then do let us know, Im happy to sell these on and for Dave to get the pure ones since the holes are there, we're just too skint to be buying them just now :(

Rb 182
Im also not sure how the pure ones will worl with the Fk coilovers. I think i would need some more bits to allow all to play ball.

172 cup, Impreza P1
You have set it just now to maximum negative camber with standard caster.

You would be better getting them set up professionally as they are epic if done correctly.

They either come for coilovers or dampers. Doesn't matter which type of coilover.

Rb 182
Great. what about the other positions?

It will have a full geo set up once everythings on and set up. Looking at the marking would you say that these are set up for standard dampners rather than coilovers due to the nut touching the side and being hard to tighten them up?

Rb 182
The pure motorsport ones i removed were fitted to a set of standard cup shocks, so didnt look like i could get them to fit the Fk's.

There also looked like a part missing from the pure ones that might be important.

On the bottom right of the pic there is a collar that should be fitted in between the mount and the standard top spring cup. That wasnt fitted to the cup shocks/pure top mounts.

http://www.pure-motorsport.co.uk/details.php?itemid=143

172 cup, Impreza P1
Oh and I run mine so the bolts are at the front, drives lovely!

You have gone for max caster with no camber. Camber can be added through camber bolts or as on my KW's they have camber adjustment on them anyway.

Seriously though, don't just copy someone and say their's is at the 6 o'clock position so that will do. Get them set up professionally!

Spax allow camber through slots, my geometry was set up properly until recently.

Its now set using my phone and a spirit level app. I got the tracking checked and it was 2minutes out on one side.

Impressive I think :p

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Mine were setup for maximum camber on bilsteins. Car felt absolutely brilliant. I need to set them up again since as its been fcked around with. Does make a huge difference.

Rb 182
Once i've managed to get everything fitted up it will be sent away for a set up.

I think ill need to take a picture of everything i have and see if i can mate everything up to work.

Rb 182
Look in my progress thread, there should be a picture of how they are on mine :) if not if its dry tonight ill take some

Nice to meet you two the other day!

Was nice meeting you too dude. Gave me some ideas and motiovation to get started on mines. So you're pretty much getting the blame for me fitting these top mounts (badly)!!

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
The pure motorsport ones i removed were fitted to a set of standard cup shocks, so didnt look like i could get them to fit the Fk's.

There also looked like a part missing from the pure ones that might be important.

On the bottom right of the pic there is a collar that should be fitted in between the mount and the standard top spring cup. That wasnt fitted to the cup shocks/pure top mounts.

http://www.pure-motorsport.co.uk/details.php?itemid=143

Hi dave, I presume these were my pure top mounts. They didn't come with those collers and I got them new from pure, not sure if they changed the design or something but swr didn't have any issues when they fitted them. Ps hope your enjoying the car.