ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

astra GSI project

ibiza cupra
my mate has got an astra mk3 that weve built so i thought id just stick some pics on here to show you all. it wont be to every ones taste (i wouldnt have done it like this if it was mine) but he loves it so i know my hard work has paid off heres the pics any way
when he first got it...
offsideb4.jpg

newfrontnswingoffoldgsi.jpg

04-1.jpg

03-1.jpg

frontoswing.jpg

lowering
01.jpg

let the repairs comence
08-1.jpg

06-1.jpg

07-1.jpg

12.jpg

10-1.jpg

11.jpg

01-2.jpg

02-2.jpg

now for the bumpers
front
bumper0.jpg

bumper02.jpg

bumper04.jpg

bumper06.jpg

bumper09.jpg

bumper14.jpg

bumper20.jpg

bumper21.jpg

and the rear
bbumper1.jpg

the front grill
01-6.jpg

03-5.jpg

04-4.jpg

08-3.jpg

now for the GSI kit and some smooooothing...
01-7.jpg

02-7.jpg

04-5.jpg

06-4.jpg

10-4.jpg

11-2.jpg

12-1.jpg

14-1.jpg

15-1.jpg

the skirts before they were smoothed
16-1.jpg

18-1.jpg

19-1.jpg

vectra v6 discs and calipers
Image017.jpg

time for a spot of the ol` primmer me thinks
Image003ihg.jpg
Image004.jpg

Image007.jpg

Image008.jpg

Image009.jpg

10-5.jpg

11-3.jpg

before primmer
ufkug.jpg

after
12-2.jpg

now time for the nitty gritty
Image001-2.jpg

Image002-2.jpg
Image005-1.jpg
Image006-1.jpg

Image009-1.jpg

Image010.jpg

Image011.jpg

Image018-1.jpg

its meeee !!
22.jpg
33.jpg

47.jpg

53.jpg

55.jpg

the finished article...
63.jpg

now all it needs is the GSI engine that me mate is half way through building in it and it should be done... untill he wants somthing else doing on it :rolleyes:

Rb 182
I love the fact that it was painted out side in teh street!!

I have done so much work on cars out side me mams!

Looks good though.

Finished article looks good, although I bet the neighbours love you!
Please don't tell me he drove it around in the pre-primered state!

Clio 197
I think it looks quite smart, ive always like dthe GSI. Need to change the wheels and get some decent interior in there with a bigger engine but not bad for all your own work.

ibiza cupra
I love the fact that it was painted out side in teh street!!

I have done so much work on cars out side me mams!

Looks good though.
lol i only primerd it in the street i did the base and clear coats in a proper spray booth.

I was just going to make the comment about the neighbours.

The finished article looks nice:) but it's not my thing - it looks a bit jap look to me, which is fine on a jap car, it doesn't really work on an astra imo.

Did he get the idea for the colour scheme from r-tec's ctr ? (it's the same)

ibiza cupra
Why not just buy a GSI to begin with
he had one but it went wizz pop bang and the chassis was all bent from an accedent it had had befor so he decided to get this and recon his GSI engine and fit it when the body work was done. i know what you lot mean about the color too i wouldnt have personally chose that but it is what he wanted so that what we did

If you were my neighbour and we're filling, sanding and spraying primer about outside my house i'd have burned yours to the ground.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
this is from cannock/burntwood area? he was in front of me the other night going from 5 ways to volvo island in burntwood overtaking everyone

ibiza cupra
na he dont life over there but his missis does so he is up there alot and he is a bit of a loony driver. my missis wont get in the car with him lol and thats with just a sport, he`s worse in a GSI im afraid.