ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Astra VXR, Leon Cupra or Focus ST?

MCG

Vauxhall Astra VXR
Gonna buy a new car, its gonna be on of the 3 above. I think the VXR looks best but even the VXR tuning sites say it struggles to keep the power down because of wheelspin and torque steer, more so when you tune it. The Leon Cupra seems to get massive gains when tuning compared to the VXR but the interior isn't upto much. I like the Focus ST too. What would you people get and why?

Octavia VRS
ST I think out of those 3 either in white, blue or red. Was impressed with my mates when I saw it up close for the first time - performance/toys/space/etc. Lovely burble from the exhausts too.

I love the looks of the Astra but a lot of people say what you have. Not keen on the new Leon's looks.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'd go for the Astra regardless, I've driven one around Brands Hatch and actually liked it, straightline speed was impressive, but i think it had been fettled with, best looking by far as said.

Clio MK 4
tough one. I dont like the new leons looks so if i was to gert leon cupra it would be the older shape and the 225. My mate has one and its awsome. never been in st or vxr. prefer look of vxr to the st.

MCG

Vauxhall Astra VXR
Hate Meganes, love the performance, hate the looks. Don't like the shape, in fact I detest it and would never buy one.

MCG

Vauxhall Astra VXR
Apparently the leon and the astra have the same turbo, but the leon's is twin scroll, so the gains to be had are much higher.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
The LCR makes great gains with a re-map for some reason.Must be a little restricted in standard form i reckon

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Tried the Astra at bedford, hateful car. No steering feel, terrible traction, and to top it off the most horrendous gearknob ever produced. Like the Focus, but the mpg is laughable given that it's no quicker than a Golf GTI/Meg 225. Of the 3, have to be the Leon, but the Golf is still better.

MCG

Vauxhall Astra VXR
Gonna see if I can get some test drives on friday. How much are Evo 8's going for these days? Love them but scared of running costs. I like the new type R but want something faster.

Monaro VXR
It would be the Focus for me. Best looking of the 3 in my opinion especially in white. Spend a little money on remap etc and power is brilliant. And there is just something about having all that low down grunt and the 5 cylinder to me makes the best noise.

Vaux Astra VXR Arden Blue
Ive Driven the St-2 and A leon Cupra, i preffered the ST, im gettin one in April.

I reckon astra vxr will become rather common

The noise of the turbo, the interior, the looks, the dials.

Gearshift felt as nice as the Focus. Seat felt faster. ST wasn't 'that' quick. The seats in the cupra are much nicer too.

Lotus Elise 111R
ST just like this one I reckon...

media

Megane Trophy
FOCUS ST - for me its too refined, extreme comfort yes but lacks the feel

Leon - liked the old shape model and went well, reasonable comfort and handling

Astra VXR - looks lovely and is a little more fun with the torque steer than the ford

Megane - fun to drive, as fast as others, comfortable and cheaper in the 1st place

The reason i love the megane so much is its a bigger clio, still gives the same sort of driver feedback when you want it.

Monaro VXR
Megane's styling is a love it hate it thing though.

My problem is out of all the recent medium sized cars I still prefer the Citroen C4 over most of them. Just wish it had the power / handling of the Meg. If it did that would be my perfect car.