ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

At last my 197 arrived.

cock mobile.
chiefsilverback said:
Why? You can go to the Renault web site and see pictures of the car, why will this one be any different?

The important information is what the car is like to drive etc...

Press photos are never the same.

You could read the press info on how it drives as well :p

Clio Williams 1, 182,197
Guys and girls i'll sort the photo's asap.
Answer to a few questions, yes it is my company car and not the branch demonstrator (that
arrives later this week) yes i pay some tax on it. But all running expenses are covered, fuel servicing and parts and valeting. Have totally enjoyed a 182 company car for the last 8 months, so it gives me a good platform to base a comparision to. Yes it will be looked after like it was paid for with my own dosh. I am a true enthusiast of Clio's, owning a Williams 1 and the wife with her yellow 182, having a Clio myself as a company car is the only choice.

2live long time yes matey, yes the Willy is still causing kaos in essex. Must catch up soon with yourself and ged. However i don't get the postings off the old clio list, due to a email addy change.

Clio 197
woohoo, just got a call, they got her! Testdrive this evening, maybe i can take her with home... but i don't think...but sure at the end of the week :D

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Yes yes, come on come on. Pics pics piiiiics!

I took loads when I first got my car (3 years ago now), over 200 of them infact, from every angle I could think of and in various different locations. I unfortuntely had a fatal problem with my hard drive (hadn't got around to putting them on disk) and lost the bloody lot. Gutted!

106 GTi
I could understand all the requests for pictures if it was Black, Racing or Nimbus that we have not seen, but Albi Blue and Red has been easy to see at all the recent Renault Events!

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
I can't believe people are talking of modifying a 197 already. You would think that Renault would have spent enough time designing the wheels and everything like that. Jesus.

Don't want to add too much weight? You'll be talking 1300kg soon which is daft.

Oh and front loading 6 cd mulitchanger. The micra has one of those...

T

Tom1D

Im sure it goes like a rocket, and it has brilliant seats and brakes etc, but i still think it looks too mumsy, lets hope the 197 cup will be abit more in your face, abit more aggresive. But dont get me wrong, i still think it looks good, and i defo wouldnt say no!

Tangoed Works
The stopping power must be awesome with those brembos, wonder if they will fit the 182, im sure they will go like hot cakes from breakers once a few people have landed them in the hedges!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
jayxx83 said:
The stopping power must be awesome with those brembos, wonder if they will fit the 182, im sure they will go like hot cakes from breakers once a few people have landed them in the hedges!

Thats a real positive view you have there! :rasp: Lmfao

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'm going to get flamed to death here.....:D

But looking at those pics above (and assuming I knew NOTHING of the RS range/history) I would assume that that car was something like a Clio 1.4. It just looks so bland.

The only 'sporty bits' on that stand out are the vents behind the front wheels and the rear diffuser - which in itself didn't look much when I saw one parked at Oulton Park. They've even removed the 2.0 16V from the side door trims, ffs? :S

It looks waaaaay too tall (I fully agree with the other poster talking about lowering it) and the alloys just look puny for the size of the car.

Imo, Valvers look special. Willys look awesome and there is a definite distinction of something different when you see a 172 or 182. It looks like Reno have made a very last ditch attempt to make the 197 look special. Much like Ford did in the early 90's when they were embarrassed to put any sporty badging or accessories onto their cars - Cosworth, excepted of course.

The 197 just looks limp. If I can't afford a Meggy (which I doubt I can), the next replacement for me will a 2nd hand 182 Trophy - assuming I can find a decent one. However, for those that have the 197 on order, I hope you're chuffed with them!

D.

E91 M Sport
DynamiqueDebz said:
I do hope, that although it's a 'company' car, you will look after it as if it is your own. I get really cross with people with company cars that thrash the arse off of them because it's not theirs. In my opinion that should mean you look after it even more, I would.

What? Why?? Other than the fact that if he works for Renault this particular car might be bought by someone on here, who gives two hoots whether he polishes it everyday, or drives the whole way to work in 1st gear?

I got a company car, and it doesn't exactly get the TLC that my V6 does :eek: ;)

insignia
miketheman2k said:
What? Why?? Other than the fact that if he works for Renault this particular car might be bought by someone on here, who gives two hoots whether he polishes it everyday, or drives the whole way to work in 1st gear?

I got a company car, and it doesn't exactly get the TLC that my V6 does :eek: ;)

I know it just doesnt make sense to me.When I had my company car i thrashed it whenever I felt like it,just like I do with my own.What you do with your car is upto you,nobody else is business.screw the s**t out of it everyday,make it work hard who gives a f**k...coz i certainly dont.My car is a peace of metal with an engine and 4 wheels thats it. Some people are just too emotional man

williams and trophy
Leigh said:
Guys and girls i'll sort the photo's asap.
Answer to a few questions, yes it is my company car and not the branch demonstrator (that
arrives later this week) yes i pay some tax on it. But all running expenses are covered, fuel servicing and parts and valeting. Have totally enjoyed a 182 company car for the last 8 months, so it gives me a good platform to base a comparision to. Yes it will be looked after like it was paid for with my own dosh. I am a true enthusiast of Clio's, owning a Williams 1 and the wife with her yellow 182, having a Clio myself as a company car is the only choice.

2live long time yes matey, yes the Willy is still causing kaos in essex. Must catch up soon with yourself and ged. However i don't get the postings off the old clio list, due to a email addy change.

lol...geds hasnt been out much for the last couple of years.........now the throttle bodies are back off and its back to std spec, im hoping it will be comin on some more meets.

the old forum....think its pretty much dead now tbh mate lol....get the odd post evry 18 months or so on it....usually p**n sites tho .....spose someone gotta check em out hehe

Clio 172 Cup
its 197 hp but its still 6.9secs 0-62mph and top end is only 134mph - i dont get it :-(

It must be a lot heavier than a 172 / 182 ?

EDIT - forgot to say its v.nice!!!! A bit mumsy for me, but still i am jealous!!

Golf GTI 1.8T
jpmad4it2 said:
its 197 hp but its still 6.9secs 0-62mph and top end is only 134mph - i dont get it :-(

It must be a lot heavier than a 172 / 182 ?

EDIT - forgot to say its v.nice!!!! A bit mumsy for me, but still i am jealous!!

good maths!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Donnie Darko said:
I seriously do not like the new shape clios... i think they look bloody awful!!

Car styling has lost its way imho!

I am now inclined to agree with you there. When the new Clio came out I was seriously in love with it, but I am now finding the more I look at it the less I like it. I do however think the interior is far superior to the older Clios, but that's just my opinion. The newer (non sport) Clio is fast begining to look like an understated people mover, being quite abit higher. I am pretty glad I decided to keep mine and not to buy a new one. I do however think anyone who intends to , or already has bought one is still pretty lucky, especially if they get the 197, although given the choice I would rather have the Megane 225.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I think the fact the 225 megane has kept it sexy looks, but has some serious added bits , has made it a very desirable car. The new Clio however has changed quite drastically, it no longer has the mean looking front end, instead it has an almost smug grin. I can quite honestly see people wanting to change the front end almost immediately.