ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

At last my 197 arrived.

Clio Williams 1, 182,197
Well i finally recieved my new 197 last night. Oh yes its quick and oh yes the gear ratio's are awsomally close and blimey it looks ten times better in the flesh. Seats hold you like they wanna make love to you. The brakes are incredible. Sweet is all i can say realy.

Clio Williams 1, 182,197
Didn't pay for it !! Work for Renault so it's my company car. Its Albi blue with 6 disc multi changer front loading. Electric folding wing mirrors extra tinted windows, climate control. Unfortunately didn't get to choose the options as the first ones to the dealerships are auto allocated, so its get what your given. But hey i ain't complaining.

BMW E46 330i Touring
You may not pay for it directly, but the tax you pay on company cars is as good as a finance option!

Nice though, pics! :)

E90
sweeet, my 172 and Gti are company cars, makes it ten seconds faster round the ring when you dont pay for the tyres or brakes, LOL

Ziel Nurburgring
Leigh said:
Didn't pay for it !! Work for Renault so it's my company car. Its Albi blue with 6 disc multi changer front loading. Electric folding wing mirrors extra tinted windows, climate control. Unfortunately didn't get to choose the options as the first ones to the dealerships are auto allocated, so its get what your given. But hey i ain't complaining.

So its not yours, but the demonstrator?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
i'm just surprised people thought private sales had gone through so quickly, its R E N A U L T!!

Clio 197
preordered in march,i should receive mine next week...
had the date on 20 of june, but they had problems in dieppe with the roofwindow, now it's 3. of july

Ziel Nurburgring
Better be quick, they close in august. Anything ordered now probably wont turn up until Septempber, but the dealers wont tell you that.

Ziel Nurburgring
jjoe90 said:
what is a 197 is a top spec new shape?

Using an online dijizzulating translator device, it came back with the answer:-

Is the 197 the top spec car of the Mk3 Clios?

Last edited:
jjoe90 said:
what is a 197 is a top spec new shape?

caveman.gif

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
How lucky is it to have a 197 as a company car? Bloody lucky! Nice going. I gather that means , all insurance paid for, petrol, any new bits you might need in the future. Talk about land on your feet. I'd be griinng like a cheshire cat. I do hope, that although it's a 'company' car, you will look after it as if it is your own. I get really cross with people with company cars that thrash the arse off of them because it's not theirs. In my opinion that should mean you look after it even more, I would.

I am pleased for you that you got such a nice company car. I bet all your neighbours are well jealous, not to mention the fact (if they don't know its a compnay car) they are going to think you are loaded.;)

Can we see some pics then please? Oh and, please keep us informed as to how she performs, the good points and the bad (hopefully there won't be many of those, if any).

Nice one! :D :D

V6 Mk2 & 197
How can someone not know what the 197 is, Ordered mine now just waiting for it to turn up. Getting it in black, with most of the options only thing i didn't go for was sat nav.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
s-gunner said:
How can someone not know what the 197 is, Ordered mine now just waiting for it to turn up. Getting it in black, with most of the options only thing i didn't go for was sat nav.

Wow, and another lucky bugger! Hope you get it soon. :D

Is it a proper company car or the branch demonstrator that you've been lucky enough to get as 'yours'?

My Trophy was the branch demonstrator and their accounts lady had been driving it for 4 months, she didn't like the seats or the ride apparently!?!?!?

Turbos.
Why is he an 'owner'? At the end of the day it's he has earnt his car...

Congratulations mate. Keep us updated on how it goes.

racing blue would have been better ;)

hope you enjoy it! do you get the rattles as standard on this one like the 182?

Octavia VRS
cliobuyer said:
Why is he an 'owner'? At the end of the day it's he has earnt his car...

Congratulations mate. Keep us updated on how it goes.

I put 'owner' because it's a company car if you read the thread.

Very interested to hear what you think of the 197 mate, keep us updated

V6 Mk2 & 197
As soon as it turns up i will post a load of pics for you guys, Already deciding what mods to do to it, think a 40mm lower all round and a set of bigger wheels.

Not sure on what else, apart from my install, not going silly as i dont want to add to much weight. So just getting the alpine gps head taken across and the door components, not worrying bout the sub and everything want to keep it as light a possible.

Does anybody know if there is an induction kit for it yet?

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
s-gunner said:
As soon as it turns up i will post a load of pics for you guys, Already deciding what mods to do to it, think a 40mm lower all round and a set of bigger wheels.

Not sure on what else, apart from my install, not going silly as i dont want to add to much weight. So just getting the alpine gps head taken across and the door components, not worrying bout the sub and everything want to keep it as light a possible.

Does anybody know if there is an induction kit for it yet?

Bigger wheels? Induction kits... oh no its started...