ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ATV2 XBMC Thread

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Erm, having some issues installing XBMC on the recent 4.3 JB.

Anyone else having issues?

BMW F31
There's a new pwnagetool jb for 4.3.1 you might want to try? What problems are you having?

FWIW I haven't tried the new jb yet as I'm in the process of ripping 400+ DVDs for xbox iPad and ATV compatibility before I bother with xbmc.

Mr2 Roadster
Let me know how you get on Tom, I looking to use the Apple TV2 with my NAS drive.

BMW F31
Well after a couple of hours last night, I managed to get untethered seasonpass JB, Nitotv and xbmc installed on my ATV2.

Xbmc is pretty quick tbh and streams from my NAS perfectly.

Let me know if you still can't get your's to work Tom.

Rav4
What skins are you using? I found that some make it really laggy.

Have you organised all your films with the thumbnails and so on?

Just installed the latest on mine and it's working fine, just want to make it nice and easy to use.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I got it installed last night, took me a bit of playing around though.

The main problem that I have is that I can't get it to play .m4v files!

BMW F31
I got it installed last night, took me a bit of playing around though.

The main problem that I have is that I can't get it to play .m4v files!

Yeah I had to check which files would work on my 360 and they're .mp4 with h.264 vid and ac3 audio, they play perfect on my iPad, iPhone, 360 and ATV2. Try converting them in handbrake. Should be quick as they're not far from being .mp4.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Problem is mate is that I have literally 1000's of files which are also linked with my iTunes library so I don't really want to start playing around with them. :(

Hopefully a fix will come out soon.

BMW F31
What skins are you using? I found that some make it really laggy.

Have you organised all your films with the thumbnails and so on?

Haven't bothered with thumbnails but I think its a case of sticking the thumbnail in the same folder as the file? Maybe check xbmc's site?

Yeah a couple of the skins are slow, I switch between the standard and one other that I can't remember the name. I can find out if you want to know, it looks better than the standard, has some nice film backgrounds etc.

BMW F31
Problem is mate is that I have literally 1000's of files which are also linked with my iTunes library so I don't really want to start playing around with them. :(

Hopefully a fix will come out soon.

Hmm I thought you might say that lol.
Which JB have you used? I had to use one of the nightly builds to get everything to work on mine.

FYI if you search for icefilms on xbmc, it's definitely worth checking out ;)

Rav4
I need to sort out the thumbnails to make life a lot easier. :)

What skin were you using millsy, additionally, have you installed any other plugins?

Seems like it needs a lot of configuration to get it up and running.

BMW F31
Library mode will automatically download thumbnails and film/episode details.

Oh yeah you're right! Forgot about that. Not at home at the mo so couldn't remember.

Gabi - just used the standard skin to start with. Now using a more htpc looking skin

I've got iplayer, icefilms and a couple of others i can't remember off the top of my head. The xbmc forum is great for add ons tbh.