ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audi A3 S-Line

Sold my 172 cup recently. Had owned it from new and was an awesome car that gave me 6 years of great fun but it was time for a change. I wanted my new car to be a bit bigger and comfier but with similar performance so i ended up with an Audi A3 2.0T Sline Special Edition.

Been driving it for a few days now and am loving it. The performance is very similar to the cup although it does lack a bit at the top end. It feels really planted with loads of grip. The steering is lighter than the cup and turn in isnt as instant but it is still great fun to drive.

I will miss the rawness of the cup and the fun factor when having a blast but for everyday driving the Audi is a good comprimise i think.

Anyone else made a simlar move on here?

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

Toureg vW Transporte
funnily enough ive just picked up a s3 today, ill try and get up some photos,really like it though

Looks good that does. I do prefer the Sportback version though.

I know what you mean about the sportback, i think the backend looks better somehow. Maybe the lights or something. Am tempted to swap for an S3 bumper as i think that would make the car.

Toureg vW Transporte
yeah went from a clio 1.8 16valve, had a gti-6, and have had a type r for 3 years. chopped in the civic for it, looked at a few 3 series coupes found the 320s to slow and my budget only stretched to one 335d and that had 75k which i thought was too much. Picked up this s3 with the optional bbs wheel and loads of extras in dolphin grey. Ill get some pics tommorow modial UFO. How long have you had yours for?

Dolphin Grey all the way!

Only picked it up on Thursday so not had it long. The S3 has 265bhp doesnt it?

I am very tempted to get mine remapped by revo to 250bhp & 285 lb\ft but it has 80k on the clock so im sure things will break if i do that! Revo do a free trial though for a few hours so would be rude not to give it a go :)

Look forward to seeing the pics.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
MTM do some tasty stuff for these, pricey but a quality product none the less.

Mate of mine has just put the MTM 19" rims on his Sportback, looks stunning

MCS R56
Nice car but Audi's are too safe in design, imo. There's nothing exciting about them but good quality machinery!

Nice car but Audi's are too safe in design, imo. There's nothing exciting about them but good quality machinery!

Agreed. It definately lacks some of the excitement the cup used to deliver.

I started to find that i never really got to drive the cup properly in the last year or so since i changed jobs, so it was a bit of a waste. At least with the Audi i get to ride the torque wave. It is my first boosted car so am finding it quite addictive. The s-line suspension and full vienna leather make it feel quite special as well. Think i am getting old :)

Last edited by a moderator:
  RS4
you paid a good price for it mate. They are built very well -im currently selling my 04 plate a3 for a similar price although it is a tdi/dsg with half the miles
You need symphony or bose in your life though - but atleast you have heated seats for the cold mornings

MCS R56
Agreed. It definately lacks some of the excitement the cup used to deliver.

I started to find that i never really got to drive the cup properly in the last year or so since i changed jobs, so it was a bit of a waste. At least with the Audi i get to ride the torque wave. It is my first boosted car so am finding it quite addictive. The s-line suspension and full vienna leather make it feel quite special as well. Think i am getting old :)

It's always nice to have some refinement, after an old school hatch! I'm liking the torque too, somthing the Cup has none of!

Both great cars in their own right but I can understand you growing out of the Cup. Maybe a few light mods will liven up the Audi?! A remap is a must!

you paid a good price for it mate. They are built very well -im currently selling my 04 plate a3 for a similar price although it is a tdi/dsg with half the miles
You need symphony or bose in your life though - but atleast you have heated seats for the cold mornings

Cheers, pretty happy with the price. Was off a family member and has fsh, cambelt done etc. Might have to look at retro fitting the Bose system then.

Gaz, what Ibiza cupra do you have? 160bhp tdi?

Was actually looking at those along with the audi, lot of car for the money.

MCS R56
Gaz, what Ibiza cupra do you have? 160bhp tdi?

Was actually looking at those along with the audi, lot of car for the money.

Yeah, 160 derv. Not a bad car, very quick in gear, especially after a remap but the ride is very harsh! Not quite up to Audi's quality but cheap to run and decent quality. Certainly better quality than the Cup.