ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audi B5 S4 - my latest financial mistake

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Don't be too jealous its bloody expensive to keep the thing on the road!
I am actually going to be after some decat down pipes if he has some?
Ill ask him. I'm pretty sure he will know of someone with some

This is his, he daily drives an Evo 7 because the S4 is worse on fuel😂😂

FB_IMG_1609181122596.jpg

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Cracking motor. This was my brother's old one. It was immaculate and very fast. His biggest regret was selling it. It was his daily and was getting about 10mpg 😂.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201229-020834_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20201229-020834_Facebook.jpg
    702.8 KB · Views: 133
  • Screenshot_20201229-020821_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20201229-020821_Facebook.jpg
    1,008.6 KB · Views: 116

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
Well been underneath it just, looks brand spanker new underneath, right pain in the arse to get it on the ramp though, someones gone a bit wild with the waxoil at some point but other than that all good. All the control arm bushes look brand new on all four corners which Is good.
Downside is the flexis are blowing on both sides, bandaged them up for now but new down pipes are a must now!

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
@PP172 @imprezaworks
Been offered a C5 RS6 saloon in lapiz blue for reeaally good money. I've put it up on auction to see if it sells as I can't afford the rs6 otherwise, ive put a reserve on it for what I need. Not really fussed if it does or doesn't sell, either way I've got a brilliant Q car.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
at least the b5 would give high 20s mpg if cruised. Running costs on a c5 rs6 are eye watering! Hope its had recent gearbox and suspension work?

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
at least the b5 would give high 20s mpg if cruised. Running costs on a c5 rs6 are eye watering! Hope its had recent gearbox and suspension work?
Of course it hasn't had any of those works done! That would make it a semi sensible buying decision, I don't make those🤭

Rs200t lux
Never had a s4
But had a slightly modded s5 v8
Regularly would hit 180 mph with no problem
Paid 17k for it but it kept breaking things
Clutch , abs unit , drive Shaft ,swirl flap motors , exhaust , central locking touch handles by the dozen and used discs pads tyres at a alarming rate
Servicing etc
Running costs was astronomical at 8/12 mpg
Probably spent more than 17k on parts and servicing in the first two years
I would have been better buying a new one with a warranty and service plan