ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audi Pad Recomendations

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Hi,

I know there are a few Audi owners on here now or have worked on Audis. What pads would you recomend to use with my DA to polish up my TT? Mainly swirl marks on the car that id like to get rid of and a few light scratches.

Thanks,

Russ

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You'll struggle to correct Audi paint with a DA in my experience mate. It's not impossible but you need to do some research.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Ive heard its a very hard paint. TBH id be happy just getting the swirls out. Not sure i feel confindent enough to move onto a rotary yet.

Hard but not impossible as you say Gallister.

With the DA Sonys pads always reacted well to heavy cutting jobs. The SFX range appear to stand up well, utilised with 3.02 IP from Memzerna should see you on your way. However, several hits were needed with my rotary, let alone a Da.

It will take you a while, so I suggest you think about doing a panel at a time, maybe over a few weeks. Correct, protect, move on.

STEALTH RAIDER
Very hard paint indeed. My dads bonnet took me nearly 3 hours alone to get good results with a rotary, trying 3m pads, then sonus and then settled for the cg hex pads for some reason as they wasnt hardly marring the paint after compounding