ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audi RS4 B8 Avant on track

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
My mate Lewis got this out at Goodwood for the first time on Friday, I still wouldn't say fast estates are cool per se, but this thing is f***ing awesome, totally blew my mind. The 4.2 V8 sounds epic at 8k RPM, and I'd completely forgotten what AWD allows you to do on track! Love it.

lewis 01.jpg
lewis 03.jpg
lewis 05.jpg

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Pedalled my old mans B7 RS4 around Bedford once, and was blown away by what it was capable of. The ceramics were incredible, just kept taking the abuse all day. I remember it being a completely different (better) car with TSC and ESC disabled as much as they could be.

Looks great in white! :cool:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Whilst I love a fast estate, and the technology doing what it’s doing is undeniably clever, I can think of many cars I’d choose to take on track before I took an automatic car.

But that’s not to take away the engineering fabulousness that is the RS Audi range.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
The estate is less than 100kg heavier than the saloon, granted they aren't lightweights in saloon form either. I've read several times that the Audi estates benefit from having more weight in the rear, not sure on the B8 onwards but a B7 saloon is 60/40 weight split which isn't ideal.

The estate is less than 100kg heavier than the saloon, granted they aren't lightweights in saloon form either. I've read several times that the Audi estates benefit from having more weight in the rear, not sure on the B8 onwards but a B7 saloon is 60/40 weight split which isn't ideal.

But it's not that bad either. A stripped out Clio is also around 60/40.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
But it's not that bad either. A stripped out Clio is also around 60/40.
I think it makes it more ok with awd, the Clio (a shoebox) gets away with it because its light and fwd. I've never driven an RS4 so the weight dist. comments are only based on what I've read but an RS5 a mate owned some years back hit understeer much sooner than my M3 did at the time.

My E46 touring feels identical to a regular M3, if you don't look in the rear mirror you wouldn't know it had a boot... clearly i'm working overtime to champion fast estate cars lol but I think because they look bigger people assume they are lardy with it.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Pedalled my old mans B7 RS4 around Bedford once, and was blown away by what it was capable of. The ceramics were incredible, just kept taking the abuse all day. I remember it being a completely different (better) car with TSC and ESC disabled as much as they could be.

Looks great in white! :cool:
My first time on track in a ceramic braked car was in the M4CS on the first session when we were chasing Lewis in the RS4. I've been pricing up and debating a ceramic conversion for my 987 ever since. I want brakes like that on track. Lewis had good fluid and EBC Blues but they could handle 2 hard laps at best 😂
Sounds very nice, the BWM was just gone when he finally let him past though, I think I was most impressed by the mini!!
Jon always drives at 11/10ths and he's now got the brakes for it. If it's come out OK he should be uploading the phone footage he got of that session.
PXL_20220401_122717414.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Whilst I love a fast estate, and the technology doing what it’s doing is undeniably clever, I can think of many cars I’d choose to take on track before I took an automatic car.

But that’s not to take away the engineering fabulousness that is the RS Audi range.

Agreed.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
My first time on track in a ceramic braked car was in the M4CS on the first session when we were chasing Lewis in the RS4. I've been pricing up and debating a ceramic conversion for my 987 ever since. I want brakes like that on track. Lewis had good fluid and EBC Blues but they could handle 2 hard laps at best 😂

Jon always drives at 11/10ths and he's now got the brakes for it. If it's come out OK he should be uploading the phone footage he got of that session.
View attachment 1586845
Will you put a link to it here when/if he does please?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Who's in the passenger seat? Its not you is it @MarkCup? Sounds like they have filled their pants a few times haha.

At one point he said "the traction control is slowing me down".... I'm not sure thats completely true, I think it might have been keeping him on the black stuff :ROFLMAO:
I do think this when watching him on track 😆