ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audi TT 225 - Progress

TT QS
That car sounds mega but really nothing like my mates. He's ha it back from having a new turbo so and seen as though he's got a fractured spine I'll be a good friend and take it for a spin :D I'll try and get video too.

I want a TT :( :(

TT 225
That car sounds mega but really nothing like my mates. He's ha it back from having a new turbo so and seen as though he's got a fractured spine I'll be a good friend and take it for a spin :D I'll try and get video too.

I want a TT :( :(

That could be the problem then haha! Mine sounds quite grunty but all the noise I front end. I've got a modded airbox and you can hear such a difference over standard.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
How is this car to live with bud? I've always fancied one but at 6ft 1 do you think i'd be able to live in it for 50 miles per day?

An orange one
i miss my old TT sport it was a brilliant car, looked the bizzo as well sitting nice and low :(

selling for an M3 was a fail :(

You're right! Did you have the V1 or V2 of this product Tom? Apparently the first version changed diameter from 3" at the MAF down to 2.5" where as the second version is 3" from the MAF all the way down.

Was this a TT specific version from Bill? The 3" TIP I have fitted is 3" all the way on my S3. And it was one of the originals in the first groupbuy on AS.net.

Interested to see this is now in production in a hose rather than metal pipe... mine has about 7 hoses and a large 3" metal pipe...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
i miss my old TT sport it was a brilliant car, looked the bizzo as well sitting nice and low :(

selling for an M3 was a fail :(

I seen the pics, it was the biggest fail eveererererere! :(

Mk5 golf gti
How is this car to live with bud? I've always fancied one but at 6ft 1 do you think i'd be able to live in it for 50 miles per day?

they arent cramped, im taller than you and theres enough room, i work with a guy whos 18st and 6ft 6 and drives one as his daily

TT 225

I'm the same height as you and like it was said above its very comfortable to drive, I drive 50 miles a day too and it's ridiculous how comfy it is to drive.

TT 225
Was this a TT specific version from Bill? The 3" TIP I have fitted is 3" all the way on my S3. And it was one of the originals in the first groupbuy on AS.net.

Interested to see this is now in production in a hose rather than metal pipe... mine has about 7 hoses and a large 3" metal pipe...

I've seen the TIP that you have and that was the original TIP Bill designed as part of the 3" version. I think he then managed to get it made so that it didnt have that metal section in the middle.

TT 225
Update: 04/01/12

I did say my next mod would be the TIP that I talked about earlier in the thread however after discussions with my mate in work (Turbo crazy) he convinced me to get a boost guage to see that my actuator was set up correctly. Thinking about how important getting boost settings right I decide to invest in one so I had a look round the TT-forum and decide that for price and quality the Swoosh guage was a suitable one to go for. Upon looking for one this morning I found that both PSI and BAR gauges were ending within the hour so I went straight ahead and ordered a BAR one (old school).

2024a84d.jpg

TT 225
Any news on the exhaust?

No, It's not been touched over Christmas but thats what you get when you give it to someone else to finish off. Apparently they are waiting on some 2.5" hygienic pipe to be delivered but I reckon I might just order some from JBS Auto Designs. Its £28.80 for 1m if I really need to get hold of some.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
No, It's not been touched over Christmas but thats what you get when you give it to someone else to finish off. Apparently they are waiting on some 2.5" hygienic pipe to be delivered but I reckon I might just order some from JBS Auto Designs. Its £28.80 for 1m if I really need to get hold of some.

What! The guy is a lazy c**t! He could have told you it hadn't been done, instead of waiting for you to get back and finding out...

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Cheers for that James haha! I've had more replies on here in 1 night than I did in over a week on TT-forum. Hopefully I should be Tigging the rest of it up tomorrow so it should be on for the weekend. I think I'm going to leave the mid box alone for now.

I'm having a right struggle trying to sign up to that forum! :( activation email isnt coming through

M135i
It's terrible to sign up to and into. You have to clear your cookies and make sure you go on .co.uk rather than .com.

I've thought about a boost gauge but didn't really want to get rid of an air vent. I'll see how you find it.

TT 225
Update: 10/01/12

Got the phone call today to say my exhaust had been done and that I could collect it from the contractor. More than happy with the quality, the guys that did it really are top notch welders. Heres a couple of pics, 63mm hygienic pipe welded in where the mid box was.

Old:

photo2.jpg

New:

09820f4d.jpg

0a1f5fe1.jpg

I've got a feeling this will be quite loud considering there are now no silencers but just the cats to restrict anything.

Regards

Adam

TT 225
Update: 15/01/12

So I found it in myself to brave the cold yesterday and fit my exhaust. I got the car up in the air on my 2 axle stands and set about removing the exhaust clamp just after the cat. By this time James Bryan had come round with his camera to take some pictures and laugh at me struggling like hell to loosen the 2 bolts on the clamp. The bolts seemed to have turned to fudge after 9 years of road muck and grime. After rounding off both nuts with a spanner I managed to hammered on a 16mm socket and get them both off! I swapped the clamp over to the new exhaust and it flew back on. Had the whole job boxed back up in just over an hour. Heres some pictures courtesy of James and a video too!

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

Regards

Adam

Last edited by a moderator:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Is she on here?

Just looking to see how he was getting on with it.

TT 225
Hi everyone! Not much has happened since my last update. I've just had a service at David Paul of Warrington at the cost of £260. I've also been told that I have a bit of work to do before my next MOT. The work being, new wishbones, haldex oil and filter change, rear discs and pads, airbag light. Circa £600 worth of work so hence nothing planned in :(

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I think the post above more than explains what happened to that idea.

Maintenance > modz

He only lives around the corner from me. He shown me the gauge a while ago, looked ready to be fitted. I was just wondering if it had been installed yet.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing wrong with that Adam. Having it running is better than having it broekn down but looking good with sik lowz... ;)

I'm surprised you didn't take the flattened section of the exhaust out also, just after the back box.

How loud is the exhaust? I'm actually looking at a manual V6 at the moment.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Nothing wrong with that Adam. Having it running is better than having it broekn down but looking good with sik lowz... ;)

I'm surprised you didn't take the flattened section of the exhaust out also, just after the back box.

How loud is the exhaust? I'm actually looking at a manual V6 at the moment.

The video we did at the top of this page gives you a rough idea of what it sounds like.

Sounds a bit better now it's settled in i think. Although that could be down to it being remapped...

I want a toni & guy sticker for my gaymobile.

They're not for sale anywhere are they?

Hai :D