ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto Finesse product test - vw polo

172 cup
I was lucky enough to get chosen as one of the product testers and I received my samples of spirit wax and revitalise 2, so I decided to use them on my sisters polo which she is trying to sell. Sorry for the lack of pictures it was pissing it down most of the day and I was pushed for time as someone was coming to view the car.

This car is cleaned about 5 times a year at the most and when it is she uses a mouldy sponge that is kept on the floor of the garage and a bottle of turtle wash and wax that is probably older than she is. So it's safe to say the body work wasn't in the best condition when we started.

Now I'm pretty new to car detailing as I much prefer driving cars to looking at them but I'm learning as I go, the first of the two products I tried after giving the car a proper good wash ( it was disgusting :dead: ) was the revitalise It worked very well on removing a lot of the light scratches on the front panels of the car it was covered in them as she uses the hedge at her house to judge her parking.

I don't have much experience in car polishes but this was very beginner friendly it went on easily and was simple to remove so top marks from me. Next I went on to the waxing, I'm ashamed to say this is the first wax I have used on a car before but I was impressed on how easily it spread across the panels and it was very easy to get a nice even coat. The only thing I would say is my sister found it quite hard to buff it off now I'm not sure whether this was because I was putting it on too thick or not I can't say, I didn't leave the wax on for very long a maximum of two minutes.

The end results were seriously impressive, Top marks from me :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    506.6 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    516.4 KB · Views: 99
  Mk3 P1 dymanique 16v
It was hard 2 buff cause it hadnt cured shud be 10-15min curing time!!
wonder how the water behaves on this

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
It was hard 2 buff cause it hadnt cured shud be 10-15min curing time!!
wonder how the water behaves on this

I may be wrong, and I haven't looked into this at all, but I don't think I'd be leaving a wax on for 10 - 15 minutes. All the waxes I have ever used, I simply apply, wait until I can visibly see it cured, and remove. I'd say a few minutes tops, and thats at a real stretch!

My guess would be applied too thickly, should be a very very thin even layer. Good result though, looking glossy!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yeah on all my waxes, it states 'Do not let the product dry'.

I wouldn't be leaving it 15 minutes either! Lol

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I think swissvax is the only wax you'd dare to leave 15mins!

I don't time it, just do the finger swipe test every minute or so

As above, if it's been left for 2mins, it'll have been applied in too thick layers. 15 mins is sealant territory, not wax. But I'll forgive a fellow Hazel Grove-ite, even if his number plate does spell out mad cow disease... CL10 CJD

Mk3 P1 dymanique 16v
JD had no idea u were from the grove?? Where bouts?
n 15 is prob an exageration i usually do 10min but have neva had an issue with buffing or anything and the wax works how it should
so il try a shorter cure time see wt gowanin!!
and mad cow FTW that was popular few year ago lol

JD had no idea u were from the grove?? Where bouts?
n 15 is prob an exageration i usually do 10min but have neva had an issue with buffing or anything and the wax works how it should
so il try a shorter cure time see wt gowanin!!
and mad cow FTW that was popular few year ago lol

Dad was born there, moved to Alderley in '89, Gran still lives near ish. Dad had a business on Newby Road Inudstrial Estate, but again, moved a while ago. I go to Hope Street quite a lot to the Audi Doctor garage there.

Looks good. Although i thought it was an on going review over winter (maybe wrong) no good if its sold lol.;)

172 cup
Looks good. Although i thought it was an on going review over winter (maybe wrong) no good if its sold lol.;)

Very good point. I forgot about that, I still have some left I will put it on a panel on my clio and put the results up on here.