ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto Finesse review - Verso

Hi all,

Managed to get some time yesterday morning to review Auto Finesse's Verso All Purpose Cleaner (APC).

I've used a hell of a lot of these in my time, as you can imagine, so was interested to see what this product could bring to the table. APC is always in my work bag, as I use it in so many areas; tyres, arches, engine bay, shuts, generally around badges/nooks etc when going through a detail, so it's an important product!

Having recently received some second hand Brembos, the OCD kicked in again and I had to clean them up. These things have clearly been used hard and were very dirty/caked in brake dust, but a lot better than most I've seen going on eGay.

muqavu6a.jpg

abu6ese4.jpg

Look OK, right?

But looking a little deeper and...!

3udegyjy.jpg

u5e5a9av.jpg

So got to work. I received some Verso through the post in the form of the Waxybox samples, so thought these spray testers would be the perfect items to use to test. I also received a full sized bottle through from the guys, almost a day after getting a PM from Sian @AF, so thanks again for these opportunities guys!

epa8ygu7.jpg

Reading the Verso instructions, it says (as per most APC products) to dilute as necessary. As this was pretty tough stuff I opted for 1:5 (left) and 1:2 (right) ratios;

utuqygaq.jpg

Sprayed on and left to dwell before being agitated with a multitude of soft brushes;

yruhymys.jpg

a8y2uren.jpg

se4y2ejy.jpg

enybamu8.jpg

Results - I found the caliper with 1:5 needed a second and third hit, to remove a decent amount of the surface grime, whereas the 1:2 worked much better first time around. Not rocket science, but there we go. The results aren't perfect on both calipers as they'll more than likely require an Iron Out style product to fully remove the marks on the underside.

Finally dried off and (having had a few Saturday night jars!!) polished with AF Tripple. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. Regardless of the application, it works so well.

eta5eja2.jpg

Finished for now;

ha4e4ena.jpg

Tomorrow and Tuesday I have a couple of days "working from home" due to an office floor reorganisation - having just had two tyres fitted, there is a load of tyre soap over the side walls. Very messy. As said, tyre walls are an area for an APC looking forward to testing AF Verso out again. I'll update the thread tomorrow, weather permitting.

Thanks again to AF and the speed of delivery of the 1l of product. Great service. Cheers guys.

Comments always welcome!

Last edited:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I have a pair of those lounge pants, love a bit of Tartan. Need those brembos! I think they need to be black though.

Nice review Jamie, wish my Brembos were that shiny!

Good work.

Cheers, Andy. We seem to be on the same page with Dressle and Verso. I need to read your Spirit test.

I have a pair of those lounge pants, love a bit of Tartan. Need those brembos! I think they need to be black though.

Winning!

Funny that, I was tempted to buy another pair, nitromors them and paint them black with white graphics... Not sure what I prefer. Red is a bit in your face (and shows up that my car is Orange... Cookie Phase1sr!!).

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Cheers, Andy. We seem to be on the same page with Dressle and Verso. I need to read your Spirit test.

Winning!

Funny that, I was tempted to buy another pair, nitromors them and paint them black with white graphics... Not sure what I prefer. Red is a bit in your face (and shows up that my car is Orange... Cookie Phase1sr!!).

Know's it.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Tucked under those wheels I don't think the red / orange issue will be to much to worry about.

If you did change I think greyish silver calipers/ black lettering like some of the Clio's come with would be a good combo, esprcially if those wheels ever got refurbed in a nice bright silver as you said they needed

Wow some good work there Jamie.

Glad you liked using Verso. But as you said a touch of Iron Out would of aided the cleaning process.

Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing how you get on with Verso on your tyres.

Thanks,

Joe

Cheers Joe.

Update - tyre soap removal.

As mentioned, I've recently had two new fronts fitted, so the usual amounts of white streaks were present on these, as well as a fair amount of of grime build up on the rears.

evy9a9e9.jpg

pe9ugyhe.jpg

2uma3u6e.jpg

pasa2uge.jpg

I used a 1:5 ratio, using an old RDS bottle and spray head;

8y6y9a3e.jpg

Sprayed liberally onto the tyres, before agitating with a stuff brush;

tujudaba.jpg

6e3evybe.jpg

Then rinsed. Verso 1:5 removed the tyre soap with ease, and got rid of most of the gunk from the rears. A secondary hit shifted it fully, leaving a nice clean base for AF Satin (new version).

The finished article;

6e4ehyjy.jpg

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I used Verso for the tyre soap removal on my wheels too as there was bloody sh*t loads of it on the tyres and the rims (probably to disguise the dogdy job he did on the refurb) worked a treat!

So here's an update for you on the VERSOtility of this @Auto Finesse product...

One dirty three year old iPad leather cover... Spritzed and agitated with a soft brush;

785cb504c2aa95fc6d172a74a8836c7f.jpg

2f30857cef57009b87e8fcfbd6bce62c.jpg

c6621c1a2f356ec63f673fde4b31abdd.jpg

Wiped down with a damp, clean MF and voila. Clean as a whistle!

39c8cb9523870a0c39c9d84f8f179e54.jpg

Not a 320d
Always wondered what you looked like. Also to conclude your review do you prefer this product over say G101?

2003 Clio 172 Sport
Just to chime in, I've found Verso to be much nicer to work with than G101. It smells nice (like pine) instead of rotting cats p**s (G101), foams up nicer and IMO seems a bit more potent. I've used it to de-grease my engine bay, clean my wheels, remove Meguiars Endurance (which seemed resilient even to autoglym trade wheel acid at 1:1), remove stubbrin marks from around the kitchen etc. I never spend alot on APC and normally opt for supermarket stuff, but I genuinely believe this to be worth the extra pennies

Just to chime in, I've found Verso to be much nicer to work with than G101. It smells nice (like pine) instead of rotting cats p**s (G101), foams up nicer and IMO seems a bit more potent. I've used it to de-grease my engine bay, clean my wheels, remove Meguiars Endurance (which seemed resilient even to autoglym trade wheel acid at 1:1), remove stubbrin marks from around the kitchen etc. I never spend alot on APC and normally opt for supermarket stuff, but I genuinely believe this to be worth the extra pennies
100% agreement!
Always wondered what you looked like. Also to conclude your review do you prefer this product over say G101?
Lol, this was me pissed at 4am. The OH woke up, came into the living room to see polisher calipers...
And yes, I do, actually for the same reasons as above!