ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto rain sensing wipers

Renaultsport Clio 182
Hello, on my 182 I have the auto rain-sensing wipers.

There is still a setting on the wipers stalk that seem to adjust the sensitivity of the sensors. I can't work out whether the setting on the thicker lines means it wipes more often, or whether the setting to the thinner lines means it wipes more often. It doesn't seem to make much difference.

What does this setting on the stalk actually mean for the rain-sensing wipers?

I understand that it they are normal intermittant wipers, then the stalk setting will adjust the interval in which the wipers wipe. But I dont know if thick lines mean more or less wipes in this case either...

Can anyone shed light on this?

Dirty E91
There isn't a "interval" setting for the auto wipers, they're either on or off (move the wiper stalk down one notch), think the setting you are talking about is for the rear wiper?

I stand corrected ^^^

RenaultSport 197
The thicker lines makes your wiper intervals less, thin lines means it lasts a few more seconds before each wipe. However I find that if you have it on the thick lines and you get drizzle, it thinks it's pissing it down and wipes at it's fastest speed. Can get a bit annoying at times.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I have mine turned forwards all the time . Never had a problem with it , the harder it rains the faster it wipes :)

Renaultsport Clio 182
Thanks for the replies. I normally leave mine set to the thickest line, even though it doesn't seem to make much difference on the thinnest line. Just wanted to know what the proper behaviour should be.

Thanks again.