ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto xenons now deciding it's not dark at 6am

monaco 172
As thread title, my auto lights were working fine last night , but this morning they decided not to come on at 6am.

Where is the light sensor? Does it fail?

monaco 172
Never knew there was a switch for the auto, they just used to come on in the dark and if wanted to override it to turn them on if it was quite bright then just twist the end of the stalk

monaco 172
Never knew you could do that, guess I'll have a try after work.

So turn them on and off twice will turn em back on?

172ph2
I don't think so, I've disconnected my battery before to fiddle with the air-bag connection, reconnected it and they were still on auto mode

Westfield
I have the same problem, mine have just stopped coming on automatically. The stalk is definatley in the right position too.

monaco 172
Sorted cheers guys.

Engine of, lights on off twice, it beeps, start engine and lights will come on it dark

monaco 172
I think I know why, I was messing about last night on the drive when I was sticking my new badge on. Engine wasn't on.

Only just realised

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I always wonder how people switch these off by mistake.

I never use them anyway, annoys me that it does't "click" to high beam unless there actually turned on.

LY R26 #288
I always wonder how people switch these off by mistake.

I never use them anyway, annoys me that it does't "click" to high beam unless there actually turned on.

Yeah its a bit of an ass if you wanna flash someone to let them out of a junction etc and the lights are on. But I still use them. Otherwise I might aswell of got a cup if I dont use any of the full fat goodies.

monaco 172
Yeah its a bit of an ass if you wanna flash someone to let them out of a junction etc and the lights are on. But I still use them. Otherwise I might aswell of got a cup if I dont use any of the full fat goodies.

yeh so annoying because you just have to click them and unclick them. only does it when the auto lights come on,, wierd

'04 182
I turned them off, I was fed up of them switching on and off every time I went under a bridge.

This just shows how many people read their instruction book lol (or don't have one). GO TO PAGE 1.57 in the instruction book and it tells you all about the auto lights feature, how to turn it off and how to reactivate it.

For the benefit of those that don't -
To deactivate or reactivate the auto lights function, move the little dial at the end of the light stalk from zero to side light position, then back to zero, then back to side light position (a total of three dial movements) WITH THE ENGINE OFF, BUT THE IGNITION ON.

2 BEEPS after doing this - REACTIVATION of auto lights
1 BEEP after doing this - DEACTIVATION of auto lights.

Simples...

BG 182 FF
thanks for this thread i thought mine were broken as they stopped working about a week ago. i was probably messing about and turned them off by accident :(