ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Autocar - Ask Goodwin

Good on the 182, more plaudits from Autocar.

Goodwin, when asked which front wheel drive car hed most like to learn handling on a track with (the writer suggested a 205 GTi), he siad the Clio 182. He said hed driven it on a tack and loved it, saying its more indicative of the modern front wheel drive behaviour than the 205 would be.

Max

Lee

BMW M2C

I dont think Ive read any bad reviews, other than from people on here who have never even been in one!!;)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

IMHO the 182 is sh*te.

Ive driven a car this weekend that blew it away. and it was much older.

Nissan Jewk

Quote: Originally posted by Lee M on 15 June 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 15 June 2004

IMHO the 182 is sh*te.

Ive driven a car this weekend that blew it away. and it was much older.
A Cup?
no dont be silly!!!

it was a mk1 172 obviously :p

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by Max172cup on 15 June 2004

Good on the 182, more plaudits from Autocar.

Goodwin, when asked which front wheel drive car hed most like to learn handling on a track with (the writer suggested a 205 GTi), he siad the Clio 182. He said hed driven it on a tack and loved it, saying its more indicative of the modern front wheel drive behaviour than the 205 would be.

Max

Yes he listed these too

Low power caterham - RWD
Evo IV - 4WD
Elise - Mid engined (he added this in because it was that layout it wasnt really part of the list)
the actual question was

"if you wanted to teach yourself the finer details of handling what 3 cars would you use/choose?"

[Edited by Tomclio182 on 15 June 2004 at 5:11pm]

Lionel Richie

whats your job again???

i asked for you at the motorshow, but you were off doing something more important apparently!!!!

BTW under the bonnet of the display cars was a bit OTT, false advertising mr T!!!!

i never once seen a Renault engine bay so shinny!!!!

What was the deal with the spring clamps on the megane RS???

One of the girlies on your stand told me off for "messing with a clio" (you abviously hadnt informed everyone i was coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Lionel Richie

polish??? someone had gone overboard on the old lacquer!!!!

saw me comming??? pah!!! I got one bloke to get the rota out to double check!!! I was gonna invite you out to the evening meal and even consider buying you a beer!!!! oh well

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Fred bad idea, dinner would have been a nightmare. i needed sunglasses to say hello. that tie was bright.