ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Autocar Magazine, new V old. SEAT V's Mk2 Vee

I used the library that is WhSmiths to thumb this mag, I’ve looked on their site to post up the article but I can’t find it.

The main article is a new V old debate.
The new car tested is a 1.4 Turbo front engined Seat which iirc has five doors.
The old car tested is a mk2 Vee, I think it's the car that was on Renaults stand at FCS this year. The vee as we all know is nothing like the Seat I’ve just mentioned.
The only reason for the very lame article I can see is that they cost 17k now – they say that the car tested would cost that, we all know it would go for about 3k more ! (I’m ignoring the one at 17k on PH) and that totaly mint mk2 would be circa 15k.

They say that at 27k new the vee isn’t wroth it, but in fact I think it’s held up pretty well on the second hand market.

The SEAT is 17k NEW – it’ll probably be a VW Golf underneath, but the SEAT badge doesn’t hold up that well residual wise imo, I also think come Christmas the SEAT will have lost about 7k.

So all in all imo, a totally poinless comparison.

They mention about buying a V6 for 6k on the cover, something I was really intrigued by.

They give three examples.

One is a Mk1 for 6.5k at a dealers, which they openly admit is a bit of a dog & has had accident damage. It’s also on about 60k and no doubt has been owned by half of the country.

Car number two is a mk1 for 9.5k from a dealer, now we’re getting there, this one is apparently one of the best out there & they say to get a mk2 in that condition you’d need half as much again.

The last car is a mk2, 04 reg car on 27k for 14.5k at a dealers – I actually called up about it the other week as it sounded that good. I told the bloke that mine is how he’s described his car, but it’s obviously a mk1. In the end I decided that it was too far to go & look, plus I wasn't totally sure on the colour.

I’ve put the link to Autocars site, if anyone can find the article that would be ace.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/Home.aspx

V6 255 (Illiad Blue)
Some flaws in the facts and figures too... Since when did the mk2 flat out at 142 ?

My bro has a leon FR, yes same generally as the GTI however the quality is kak and he hates it.... Even renault are better quality..

This was to go the the VW thing,

Very odd test.

Tav

Clio 197
Is the point of the test not...you can buy a new FWD hatch...or you could have something slightly more interesting!

From me skimming the article, no basically. They hated the Clio. They said the interior was rubbish & so was driving position, they also seemed really shocked at the cost they were new.

Mini JCW
It must be because of the similar current prices, but still as mentioned a strange test.

My bro has a leon FR, yes same generally as the GTI however the quality is kak and he hates it.... Even renault are better quality..

This was to go the the VW thing,

Very odd test.

Lol.

I thought your renault was THE best car ever made? ;)

It must be because of the similar current prices, but still as mentioned a strange test.

Lol.

I thought your renault was THE best car ever made? ;)

Seriously guys i know full well what a renault is i dont know where i get this stigma from :)

Funny you say that they dont like the clio. They didnt seem to love the new meggy sport when they put it up against the Focus RS, didnt make a big deal that the meggy is about 7k cheaper

Clarkson said the Vee was in his top 10 which i would have never thought hed say.