ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Autocar this week

yes and a few Frenchie forums are getting all worked up about a mk3 172 allegedly out by year end with 180hp and centre twin tail pipes. Ive seen the pics but they look a bit photoshoppy to me - never know -

Renault Laguna Coupe

You can bet your boots theyll spend the first 12 months turning out as many DCi and 1.2 models as they possibly can - theyre by far the best sellers. I doubt therell be a new Renaultsport Clio for a while. They might even do the Megane thing - keep selling the low volume old models (Coupe & Cabriolet) alongside the higher volume new shape ones.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Quote: Originally posted by tomclio1.2 on 13 May 2003

Cough 2005 Cough

180bhp 172? why? oooooohh 8bhp!! wow!
Maybe to compete on figures with the new Pug GTi 180 even thought the standard 172 is still faster, it all seems to be about figures these days rather then making it actually fast.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

well then just claim 180bhp like peugeot have (cos when i drove one it didnt have 180bhp)

Nah, Autoexpress has pictures of the new clio due out early next year with the renault sport version at the end of 2004! Range to include a cabrio too! If theyre bringing out a 180BHP version of the clio - it wont be called the 172 anymore will it...............180 doesnt have as good a ring to it! I reckon they should copy past road icons and rename the 172 the "2 (x86) CV" lol

Clio 197

Im not sure just how many markets get the 172 badging. They certainly arent 172s here. They are called RenaultSport 2.0 16V.

Jeremy Townsend said 2005 for the new Clio, and Id be inclined to believe him over auto press who arent always the most reliable with their information!