ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hogwarts Legacy

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Anyone getting this? Only a few more days till release. I might leave it for a bit see what the reviews and when it drops in price a bit. Looks pretty good though always been a fan on Harry Potter

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Not a fan of Harry Potter, read some of the books when I was younger but grew out of them and I can't stand the movies, they're absolute trash.

Having said that, this game looks amazing and I can't wait to get my PC set up again so I can play it!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I thought I read 70 hours but that might be everything.

The wife will be buying it, not sure if she's going to get it on PS5 on release or wait until it comes on the switch when it comes out in July.

Trouble is, she's absolutely useless with a controller. Looking up when trying to walk. Might take her 700 hours 😂

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
The gf will want to play it, gonna have to buy a console or PC though... 🫠

#notsharingmycomputer

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Aye can't wait for this to drop, even just exploring the castle and grounds looks like it will keep me entertained. Would have been mega if it was an mmorpg with raids and dungeons, maybe one day....

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Been wanting this since this gen of console came out, will be getting it for the series X. I'll post on here when I do, as it will no doubt get added to game pass the day after I buy it 😂

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
70 hours might be alright , do you think they’ll be dlc‘s on this? I might look at some gameplay videos see what’s it like.
so it’s an open world game aye? Just explore where you want as long as that area is unlocked

edit, just seen 10 mins of Jack Frags video on it and it does look impressive the stuff you can do and visually looks really good too. Definitely getting this

Last edited:

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
We have a switch but naturally I don't want to wait until June/ July when it's out on Xbox and PS5 and PC in 5 days. Trying to convince the wife we need a new console / pc isn't going well 😂

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
does look amazing but going to try and restrain for at least a few days just to be sure there’s no game breaking bugs like all the recent big games I’ve bought at launch.

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Yer a Smack edd Arry!

nuxm88l3rv041.jpg

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Watched the first 30 mins of JackFrags streaming it, I'm convinced. Just got to move into the flat and set up my PC before I can play it 🙄

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Did anyone get the Deluxe Edition and start playing already?
Some of the non-spoiler reviews look promising although not heaps of PC reviews.
Friend of mine has got it on PC and said that after a few hours they hadn't had any issues.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I havn't even pre ordered the game yet and not sure when to buy it

I seen a thumbnail of YouTube one guy has finished the game at around 13 hours, that must be just the story on its own and not doing the side stuff i presume?

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve just started downloading it on my Series X. I will hopefully have a few hours on it this evening.

Clio
I'm Out.

Hogwarts Legacy at least attempts to build out a more representative depiction of the wizarding world. Of the four students who are given any sizable screen time through the adventure, one is a transfer student from Uagadou, an African wizarding school, and another is a blind student, guided around Hogwarts by his wand. A transgender witch is a trusted pillar of the Hogsmeade community, and professors bring experience from all corners of the globe

Why can't things just be normal!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Did anyone get the Deluxe Edition and start playing already?
Some of the non-spoiler reviews look promising although not heaps of PC reviews.
Friend of mine has got it on PC and said that after a few hours they hadn't had any issues.
Anecdotally I've read that PC performance is a bit choppy, probably see a lot of that fixed in a day 1 patch though

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Playing nicely on my Series X. Really enjoying it, it’s quite a relaxed play with lots of references to the HP ‘lore’.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Sounds good that's it's bit relaxing gameplay, can you cover the whole map from very beginning? What's the user interface like and buttons for the gameplay, straight forward?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Couple of hours in so far, enjoying it so far! Playing with an Xbox controller on PC

Everything seems straightforward

Sound design is f**king amazing

Reactions: Ben

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I put a few more hours on this last night. It has taken me a while to get used to the combat mechanics, I found I was button bashing so I did some practice sessions with a combat dummy and it gave some worthwhile combos to learn.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I put a few more hours on this last night. It has taken me a while to get used to the combat mechanics, I found I was button bashing so I did some practice sessions with a combat dummy and it gave some worthwhile combos to learn.
what is the combat mechanics entail off?

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
The gf will want to play it, gonna have to buy a console or PC though... 🫠

#notsharingmycomputer

Decided she could give it a go. There's the odd moments of stuttering in cutscenes. I'm on older drivers though.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I finally bought a broom so I’ve been flying around just taking in the castle and the grounds. Really enjoying it.

I’ve only really done 3 or so hours, but I’m enjoying it. Running around doing a load of side quests at the mo and practicing my magic.

What level were you when you bought the broom?

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve only really done 3 or so hours, but I’m enjoying it. Running around doing a load of side quests at the mo and practicing my magic.

What level were you when you bought the broom?

I’ve been messing about doing a few side quests so I think I was level 13 when I got it. But I’m sure it said the minimum level you had to be was 6? You unlock it after a quidditch lesson, cost bloody 600 galleons though 🥵

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
So you just walk around at the start until you got enough money to buy a Nimbus 3000?