ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hogwarts Legacy

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
how do you do the puzzles the ones with the shapes and you got 1 or 2 spinner things with shapes on them, do you have to line the shapes up?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
how do you do the puzzles the ones with the shapes and you got 1 or 2 spinner things with shapes on them, do you have to line the shapes up?

Take a photo of what you mean. Do you mean the blackboard doors?

If so, approach the door and unveil the puzzle then you need this, which you find on a table in one of the towers;

A50D6BDF-2D07-4B17-9B94-ECFA8872741B.jpeg

Each animal represents a number. You need to add the numbers up to make the number in the centre of the puzzle, by rotating the ? And ?? To the right animal for the right number, if that makes sense?

Every door has two “spinners”, one will be ? and one will be ??. Sometimes they’re above or below the puzzle on a floor above or below it, but always near it.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member

If so, approach the door and unveil the puzzle then you need this, which you find on a table in one of the towers;

View attachment 1633294

Each animal represents a number. You need to add the numbers up to make the number in the centre of the puzzle, by rotating the ? And ?? To the right animal for the right number, if that makes sense?

Every door has two “spinners”, one will be ? and one will be ??. Sometimes they’re above or below the puzzle on a floor above or below it, but always near it.
Why the f**k does it start at 0??? I thought it was numbers but nothing added up by counting left to right. That's why I resorted to just doing every configuration.

Daft that

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3

View attachment 1633294

Ah ok got you I think, I’m near one right now I’ll give it a go

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Not been this into a game for a very long time, it’s balance of puzzles, killing and exploration is spot on.

About 23 hours in, and 20% complete.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Tried that twice now and got it sussed that puzzle with the numbered shapes

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Anyone found out how to do this puzzle yet?
439B2797-FB0F-4C11-8AFA-8E638241E641.jpeg

Attachments

• CC67612B-6155-411E-AFD8-375FE0F3A3BF.jpeg
    CC67612B-6155-411E-AFD8-375FE0F3A3BF.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 40

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Come on then, geeks assemble. Share pictures of your character and wand (ooh err Matron).

Gryffindor for me;

6F372D09-0524-472E-8714-F6121B4024FB.jpeg

3EF766F4-7145-4D94-8F4D-E81B8656914E.jpeg

87F5A4E9-3E38-4461-B59E-3C879FCCFFA0.jpeg

Wand is;

Red Oak, Phoenix Feather, Supple and 14.5 inches.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
One problem I do have, is it seems Petrificus Totalus is glitched for me. Just won’t give me the option to use it. Do I need to swap it out for Revelio and if so, how do I do that?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'll post up pics of my character later.

When i've come to open up a chest it wont let as it's saying my gear slots are and need to sell some unwanted gear. when i'm at the shop and want to sell stuff it's giving me 16 different things to sell like , cloaks, hats, gloves and so on. Thing is i don't want to sell the stuff as i don't know if i do sell it i dont know if i will get this item later in the game? How does it work if i sell one of the items?

Last edited:

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I'll post up pics of my character later.

When i've come to open up a chest it wont let as it's saying my gear slots are and need to sell some unwanted gear. when i'm at the shop and want to sell stuff it's giving me 16 different things to sell like , cloaks, hats, gloves and so on. Thing is i don't want to sell the stuff as i don't know if i do sell it i dont know if i will get this item later in the game? How does it work if i sell one of the items?

I always spec the highest level clothing then press X on the controller (Xbox) to change the look to what ever I've collected. That way you can sell everything that is lower spec that you are wearing but you can always revert back to the look you want if that makes sense?

E.g. my wife loves the bowler hat she found early on so now specs the highest level offence/ defence hat and then customises to look like the bowler hat despite her selling the bowler hat previously.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
One problem I do have, is it seems Petrificus Totalus is glitched for me. Just won’t give me the option to use it. Do I need to swap it out for Revelio and if so, how do I do that?
Soz if you know this...
You can only cast it when you're right behind an enemy and they haven't seen you.
Use disillusionment and sneak up behind a goblin or something then just mash F (on PC) and you'll end them - you can upgrade the spell to work on more than one enemy at once.

Reactions: Ben

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I always spec the highest level clothing then press X on the controller (Xbox) to change the look to what ever I've collected. That way you can sell everything that is lower spec that you are wearing but you can always revert back to the look you want if that makes sense?

E.g. my wife loves the bowler hat she found early on so now specs the highest level offence/ defence hat and then customises to look like the bowler hat despite her selling the bowler hat previously.
sorry not much no. if i sell something does it permantly delete it from the Gear Menu in the settings and i presume there's no chance of picking up the same item later in the game or if i sell them there gone for good?

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
sorry not much no. if i sell something does it permantly delete it from the Gear Menu in the settings and i presume there's no chance of picking up the same item later in the game or if i sell them there gone for good?
I wouldn’t worry too much mate, just keep and equip one item of each type that gives you the best stats and sell/destroy the others. If you complete more of the Merlin trials you unlock more gear capacity.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member

So essentially if you sell an item it is no longer there to be 'used', you'll notice each item has an offence / defence rating so you want to select the item of clothing which has the highest rating to make your character as strong as possible.

That covers the 'attributes' of an item

In terms of how your character looks, when you are on the main page for the gear, hover over the area (cloak for example) and press X on Xbox, square on PS5 no idea on PC and you can customise the look of an item.

Any item you have found can be used for the look weather you have sold it or not, this way you can make you character look how you want, whilst freeing up gear slots, and ensuring you always have the strongest clothing on.

I'll try to get some photos of what I mean later on unless this now makes sense or unless someone can interpret my gibberish and translate it to a sensical response 😂

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I still haven’t properly looked at the stats yet on the gear, I’ve equipped a nice cloak and gloves but not sure what stats they are though. I’ll have a look later and delete some of the normal gear after once I saved it. Just had my first trip into Hogsmead just now and picked up my new wand and there’s a few chests that I can’t fully open due to slots being full.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
just had another pop on and saved the game before i made any gear deletes, i've made a outfit which looks nice and noticed i can change the apprearance, one of the green silk robes look nice. I'll have a look and delete some of the basic items and keep some of the gear which have high rating as you said. Just need to play it abit more and get use to how things work. Just reached level 12 i think and about to leave Hogsmead with the items i got.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Soz if you know this...
You can only cast it when you're right behind an enemy and they haven't seen you.
Use disillusionment and sneak up behind a goblin or something then just mash F (on PC) and you'll end them - you can upgrade the spell to work on more than one enemy at once.

Yeah, the issue is it just isn’t working. I’m on controller on PC so that may complicate it, but I can sneak up with disillusionment, almost to the point I’m cupping their buttcheeks, but the option to then hit them with PT doesn’t / never appears.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Finally got round to installing this. Stuck everything on Ultra and enabled FSR 2.0 Quality preset, getting 80-120fps in the first area and the bank. Can't see any difference between FSR and native after some experimenting and the extra frames are nice. May have to dial some settings back when I finally arrive at Hogwarts but for now I'm very impressed with the performance.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I don't often get a chance to sit down and play games, so for me to have put 27 hours into my character and a further 20 hours helping my daughter with her character, is very impressive.

The level of care and attention to detail that's been put into it is incredible, it's far better than the lazy garbage of the movies.

The only criticism is that potions are ridiculously overpowered, and there's nothing to spend all this money on 🤣

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I think the main issue with the game is that there's nothing to do once you've completed it, and it doesn't take that long to complete it.

It's a nice impressive open world, but nothing to do now.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Well it took 42 hours but I finally finished the main story. I tried my best to wander around doing side quests and exploring between quests, but you can only fight the same group of enemies or solve the same puzzle so many times.

Really enjoyed the game overall, it's definitely my game of the year, but there are some things that could have been done better.
My character still isn't max level despite running around doing as many side activities as possible, so I think the levelling system could have used some more tweaking.
This might just be me being a r****d but I only learned that you can rotate objects while levitating them after completing the story, and only because I watched a YouTube video for hints on a particular puzzle. It seems weird to be 42 hours into a game and suddenly find yourself having to use a mechanic for the first time.
The combat becomes extremely easy by the end, it almost feels like the enemies stopped levelling up halfway through the game. I'm wandering around one hit killing everyone without even getting a chance to use Avada Kedavra.

I hope they make a second one though as this was absolutely brilliant and really captured the magic of the Harry Potter universe, I felt like I was 10 years old again reading it for the first time. I never finished the books and I hate the movies with a passion, but this game absolutely nailed it.