ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Autoexpress car polisher test

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/product_test/58139/best_buffers.html

I've been thinking about buying a polisher, and have been reading up on some threads about the Porta Cable - I was almost ready to place an order when my neighbour showed me his new Cosmo cordless polisher.

Looks like a nice piece of kit but was amazed when he said he only paid less than £30 for it!

The Cosmo cordless is available for only a fraction of the price of the Porta Cable so why is it so cheap? Or why is the PC so expensive?

I guess one of you car cleaning guru's can tell me what the difference between the two is?

7MAT

106 GTi
Machines like to Cosmo only have the ower to put on and take of wax.

The PC is heavy duty in comparison and is what you need to remove swirls. If you want to correct paint you will need a PC or Rotary.

i would buy one just to apply wax, but for anything other than that you need something with a bit of power

Megane225FF
Battery life can be a bit iffy... but they are ok for the price
You wouldn't be spending all day polishing & waxing with the Cosmo, as the battery wouldn't last that long.

yeh battery is usually only good enough to give the car a coat of wax, most opt for another battery (which isnt that cheap), but like i said i would buy one to apply wax, but you will not remove any swirls or marks with the cosmo

Thanks for the info.

A short battery life of 30mins would drive me mad.

PC it is then.

7MAT