ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Automatic 172s - such a thing!!??

Red Clio 197 F1
Hi,

Just seen a Silver Phase 2 172 for sale on Autotrader.co.uk and it said Automatic!

Didn't know they did that, is this correct?

clio 182 black /gold
Er no why would they make a sports car in a auto?. Thats one the things of having one changing gear later than normal

Red Clio 197 F1
It said one lady owner, so she may have put automatic, but forgot to put lights / wipers etc

Oh christ what have a said!! My last thread on lady 172 / 182 owners gave me a little grief :-0

Remapped derv Golf
I've seen a 172 Cup's on autotrader with xenons,ABS,tc,esp,limited slip diff,leather,climate,heated seats,autolight you name it!

Some dealers haven't got a clue!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Leeshez said:
Er no why would they make a sports car in a auto?. Thats one the things of having one changing gear later than normal

Yeah noone would bother making a sports car with an auto box would they? :)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Nissan 300zx anyone
I remember reading the stuff when it first came out and they said by having an auto it removed the desire for human error when in sports mode...lol

ian

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Waitey said:
Merc SLR?????

lol I was being sarcastic :p

Just about every top sports model is an auto or has an auto option.

Jag XKR, Astons, Ferraris, Porkers, M3 CSL (oooh yummy), pretty much everything :)

I know some are based on manual designs but it was in response to this:

Leeshez said:

i.e. the car changing gear for you :)

You can get a semi auto 172/182 conversion one which will oprate the clutch without needing a clutch pedal its not a cheap conversion though and its not a true auto as you still have to change gear.

306 GTI-6
Alot of skylines came in automatic form, not the GTR model but the gts's and gts-t's. And they're sports cars!

tiTTy & SV650
Karlos69 said:
That's not an auto 'box - that's a double clutch sequential manual 'box (and it's f***ing quality!!).

lol fairy snuff I knew it was faster than the 'manual' hence i posted