ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AUX belt andd pulleys.

www.renparts.co.uk
Is it correct on a 1.4 16v these must be replaced at 36k, if so how do i obtain the part numbers? What is the rough cost? And are they easy to fit/adjust to the right tension myself?
thanks
josh

Lots of Alfas
I think they should be inspected at 36k but not due for change until 72k with the timing belt. Its always reccommended if the car has loads of stop start driving or a hard life to half the interval to 36k.

davebem said:
I think they should be inspected at 36k but not due for change until 72k with the timing belt. Its always reccommended if the car has loads of stop start driving or a hard life to half the interval to 36k.
I'd say 60k not 36k that going to be expensive. I hammered my car for 72k and the belt was looking worn but it still was fine.

www.renparts.co.uk
Right. Probably nothing to worry about then. Anyone got a rough guide on what price they will be?
ta
josh

joshydee said:
Right. Probably nothing to worry about then. Anyone got a rough guide on what price they will be?
ta
josh
Not to badly priced I'm not 100% sure if they come with the cambelt as a kit if they don't £50 if with the cambelt £120 or so.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
edde said:
I'd say 60k not 36k that going to be expensive. I hammered my car for 72k and the belt was looking worn but it still was fine.

All the same..

Ive seen belts that looked fine, new infact, then go 10000 miles later, i;m talking 50000mile 172's

Then again ive seen a Lag run 85M's with no change, and sold on.

PErsonally, i would rather avoid major expense and get it done (for my peice of mind)

With belts you can never tell IMO..