ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aux Belt Change - Time?

I know there's plenty of threads on aux belts but cant see any that mention time.

Just booked mine in to get it changed as i'm getting a squealing noise every now and then.

They reckon £8+VAT for belt, and half hour labour (£14+VAT) but warned it may be an hour's job.

Can it be changed in a 172 in an hour? It's not a cup

S1RST/205GTI
Got mine done under warranty,apparently the front bumper needs removing, took them longer than an hour to do mine and the b4astards damaged my bumper :mad:

tiTTy & SV650
i was quoted 2.1 hours labour, getting mine done tomorrow as part of my 36k service.

they wanted £150 extra for the belt

S1RST/205GTI
how did you manage it under warranty?
reckon this price is "too cheap" if there is such a thing
Mine was making a funny noise,only 2.5 years old 20,000 miles so got it under warranty.Think its easier to do on a 172cup as most dont have aircon

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
make sure they change the tensioners aswell as the belt and if they think they can do it in 1/2 an hour then theyve got a nasty shock coming to them

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Rather confused then.

What is the difference with the Cup? Perhaps they reckon thats what i have

Cup doesnt have aircon, so it only takes 20 mins:cool: never done one with aircon, but i would guess it would take a few hours

CUp an easy job 15 minutes or so.
The belts are about £12

Full fat official time includes for removal for the headlight and front bumper and is 2.7 hours it can be done quicker though.