ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aux belt pulley seized

Started the car the other day and it was making a funny noise, bit like the power steering pump working overtime. Also noticed if you run it for a while there is some smoke and burning smell. When you turn the engine off it stops dead as if one of the things on the aux belt is seized - or almost seized.

Tonight I removed the aux belt. But non of the pulleys seems to be at all stiff. You can move the power steering pump pulley shaft in and out a little bit - don't know if this is normal. I also started the car without the aux belt on to make sure it isn't a seized idler on the cam belt and it ran fine then - no noise and stops normally when you turn it off.

Any suggestions on how I can be sure what is broken?

Should say it had cam and aux belt kits with all the idlers/tensioners replaced abour 2k miles ago. Done by me - so there can be no doubt of the quality of the work ;).

Thanks