ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aux belt - Quick Question

Cup 172
Morning,
My Cup is currently away having the gerabox rebuilt. While I was bleeding money I thought I may as well get the aux belt done at the same time, as its 4 years since the last change. Asked for the tensioner to be replaced at the same time, but the guy at the garage claims that it isnt needed as it tensions on the alternator?

Is this right, or is this crap???

Morning,
My Cup is currently away having the gerabox rebuilt. While I was bleeding money I thought I may as well get the aux belt done at the same time, as its 4 years since the last change. Asked for the tensioner to be replaced at the same time, but the guy at the garage claims that it isnt needed as it tensions on the alternator?

Is this right, or is this crap???

Has your cup got aircon? if it hasnt then the guy is right, its just an aux belt and it just slips onto the alternator, you can even do it yourself if needed

Cup 172
Yeah... Hes done the belt. Last thing I wanted was to spend a fortune on a gearbox rebuild and new tyres and then the belt to go on the way home and need an engine rebuild as well...

Cup 172
Standard rebuild.... All new syncros, new bearings (input, output and diff), new selector fork, new seals.... I cant wait to get my hands on it. Been using the R reg Xsara courtesy car all week...