ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AUX Belt Squeaking?

Renault Clio 172
Hi All,

After these cold mornings that we have been having, when I first start my car up in the morning with the headlights and heater on, there is a squeaking.

I'm presuming this would be the AUX belt, am I correct?

Also, if it is this, it it hard to tension back up? As I understand it is located under the cambelt?

Cheers all.

Dan

Renault Clio 172
The Cambelt was changed at 65k, and I bought the car just after.

I'm not sure if the AUX was changed at the same time, one of my mates said that they should've both been changed at the same time...

Ph1
Quoted from a reply to someone else this morning on the same subject lol

If its intermittent problem and everything looks ok and youve had a quick check to see the conditions of the aux pulleys and belt then id probably blame it on the cold and damp weather.

If it continues its most likely a worn pulley bearing.

Dont take chances in this area if you belive it is that

Evo
U can tighten it with a bolt and undoing the tensioner, its easy.

My previous mk2 squeaked too, turned out to be the alt. bearing. possible consideration

BMW M135i
U can tighten it with a bolt and undoing the tensioner, its easy.

My previous mk2 squeaked too, turned out to be the alt. bearing. possible consideration
No you can't, its a spring tensioner. Tension is set, if its letting the belt go slack then it'll just be the spring in the tensioner wearing as it probably hasn't been replaced when it should've been.