ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aux Belt Wear

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
Wondering if this is a common fault

Changed my aux belt Nov 2015 and done sub 15k miles. Its been slackened off once or twice due to cambelt being done etc

Today whilst doing an oil change I took a quick look at it and have notice the ribs starting to crack on the belt

Is this normal or something I should be concerned about.

The old belt I took off was in a far worse state and thread bear but I'm a little baffled as to how this belt is already looking like its on its way out

As from what I can gather its around 36k its due?

I'm thinking maybe just replace the belt on it as its a lot cheaper than buying a full kit after such a short period of time.

The kit used was a gen kit also

Thanks for any input

monaco 172
for the sake of a 20 quid belt id probz just swap it out for piece of mind if it does look really bad, but like bloke said the ribs on the inside do tend to crack because they go back on themselves on certain pulleys

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
ok so it can be considered standard wear then for the ribs to start cracking then?

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
ok thanks all :) I may stick a new belt on in the next couple of weeks regardless

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
il chuck a new one on then, is that for the belt or both the belt and tensioner? Thanks for your help :)

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
WP_20170726_19_10_38_Pro.jpg
WP_20170726_19_10_45_Pro.jpg
WP_20170726_19_11_11_Pro.jpg
WP_20170726_19_11_26_Pro.jpg