ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

aux belt

clio 172 exclusive n
hi
my car is on 58,800 miles at 48,000 it had cam belt kit fitted. there is no record of aux belt being done.

i rung garage where cam belt was changed he cant remember doing aux belt at same time as cam and recomended i get the aux belt done asap as it can take cam belt with it

i rung one garage they wanted 160 plus vat for belt and labour

i rung the garage where my friend works his boss said 35 pound labour and 13 pound for the belt

is this right?? how comes the difference in price??? the friends garage would still be going through the books and having my book stamped etc

can it be done this cheap???

nice1 everyone

hope your all having a good1

clio 172 exclusive n
they seem to think its going to be quite easy :eek: but they have been doing work for years now so guessed they know etc what it involved i even got the quote from friends boss :) so thats even better

i defntly asked for the right belt didnt i aux belt that does air con elec windows etc etc

nice 1

phase 1 172
fred: i`m in a similar situation had cambelt and tensioners done but the tits didnt do the aux belt despite my request

the engine sounds rough as now so i`m guessing it need changing asap

what quote am i looking at for your place as your not far?

Lionel Richie
you have to remove the aux belt to do the cambelt, so why you wouldn't change it is beyond me! (we change the idler pulley and the tensioner on the auxbelt aswell)

e-mail for a quote rich

<<<

phase 1 172
tell me about it i was gutted when i started it up and was confronted with the same s**t sound

anyway you have mail

Does the Aux Belt give any notice that its on way out at all ?

Like Belt Tensioners rattling etc

As that may help ya mate ;) By giving you a bit of an indication if its been done or not.

Then you may be able to take appropriate action :)

fred: i`m in a similar situation had cambelt and tensioners done but the tits didnt do the aux belt despite my request

the engine sounds rough as now so i`m guessing it need changing asap

what quote am i looking at for your place as your not far?

Would you mean engine sounds rough ?