ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

auxillary belt shreaded/failure

Todays not been good after a nice country drive in sun suddenly get horrible sound come from engine sounded like i had run something over and dragging it along. Turns out my auxillary belt had been shreaded. Stopped immediatly and didnt start it up again.
Pretty worried now its gonna of done some serious damage!! :( Any thoughts on whether it may have?

Thing annoys me only had it replaced 6 months ago at MOT after being recommended by renault that a new auxilly belt was a safe bet to prevent this happening. Yet it still has!!! Do i have a case against them? Or do these not have a life expectancy of 6 months?

Any thoughts??

thanks
rob

R35 GTR
If it hasnt caught the cambelt then there should be no real damage. Get the cambelt timing checked out before starting the car up again.

Who did the replacement aux belt? did you ask them to put the old parts in a bag in the boot?
I laughed when my dad told me to ask the garage to do this i had an Alfa 156 MP at the time but if this sort of thing happens then you are bound to question the workmanship!
I would put money on it that you didn`t go to a main dealer.....is that correct?
Anyhow the garage in question should guarantee their work for 12 months shouldn`t they?

Who did the replacement aux belt? did you ask them to put the old parts in a bag in the boot?
I laughed when my dad told me to ask the garage to do this i had an Alfa 156 MP at the time but if this sort of thing happens then you are bound to question the workmanship!
I would put money on it that you didn`t go to a main dealer.....is that correct?
Anyhow the garage in question should guarantee their work for 12 months shouldn`t they?

It was a renault main garage that replaced the auxillary belt six months ago!!

Todays not been good after a nice country drive in sun suddenly get horrible sound come from engine sounded like i had run something over and dragging it along. Turns out my auxillary belt had been shreaded. Stopped immediatly and didnt start it up again.
Pretty worried now its gonna of done some serious damage!! :( Any thoughts on whether it may have?

Thing annoys me only had it replaced 6 months ago at MOT after being recommended by renault that a new auxilly belt was a safe bet to prevent this happening. Yet it still has!!! Do i have a case against them? Or do these not have a life expectancy of 6 months?

I'd imgaibe its the tensioner or something esle which has damaged it if a dealerships changed it.

Expect a big bill as dan said they take the cambelts out with them 99% of the time.