ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Average cost of Meglio Conversion??

172 Cup, 1.2 Grande
Well after a few years away from the Clio scene since my 172 Cup and after buying our first house and kids I’m now on the look out in next few months for a 200 (liquid yellow preferably).

I will also want to carry out a 225 conversion. What is the cost of this conversion and who is the best people for this to complete?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Be cheaper and easier to buy one done?

Purely guess work

5/6k car.
2-3k conversion depending on gear box, uprate stuff etc.

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Chris at BeanieSport offers this at an all-in price, although I think you may need to supply the engine... give him a call!

172 Cup, 1.2 Grande
I’d like to do it myself as I can tailor the car to what I want from word go and I’d prefer a built not bought one. Also trying to find a liquid yellow one will be like gold dust

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Can buy mine off me if you want.

£6k and 4596059392049 hours in payment please.

In all fairness it wasn't that bad as I went around it the long way.

If I could do it again I would do a megane bottom end for the gearbox

Clio top end for the off the shelf turbo bits from engine dynamics etc

The cars do not suit boost well at all imo, I definitely ruined mine with boost and wish I could go back to n/a but I'm far too much in it now to back out.

When I think of the good times of the clio I think of the Wales road trip me and my mates did over 5 days of beasty na power. Now when I think about doing it boosted I think oh s**t what's going to go wrong and fail on the journey that will ruin the holiday for me. There's a reason why companies spend millions in r and d and engine design/development/testing

Willing to answer any messages though but I rarely come on here now but very willing to talk on the phone

dan's cast offs.
a low boost stock 197/200 engine would be great and would still drive more like an na than a normal boosted engine. just do it properly, no chinese shite turbo, tubular manifold, custom pipework no bigger than 2" and a decent exhaust and you'll be laughing ?

i've also got an ly in that's going up for sale when it's finished and also just about to do a PROPER supercharged 200 using an eaton charger not a belt driven overpriced turbo!!!!

RS Clio 182
I’d like to do it myself as I can tailor the car to what I want from word go and I’d prefer a built not bought one. Also trying to find a liquid yellow one will be like gold dust

My old LY 200 is for sale on PH....

dan's cast offs.
People generally go boost because of costs, £150 for a churbo off eBay, £100 for shitty manifold and that's the bulk of it.

Compare that to best part of £2,000 for a rotrex belt driven turbo pretending to be a supercharger and turbo suddenly becomes appealing!!!

Watch this space though for a real charged one appearing soon ?

172 Cup, 1.2 Grande
I’m a bit confused then because if a charger is the best route why don’t most go this route as a conversion of a 225/230 R26 would cost more than a charger kit surely

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I’m a bit confused then because if a charger is the best route why don’t most go this route as a conversion of a 225/230 R26 would cost more than a charger kit surely

Nah not at all.

Can pick up a megane 225 cheap as chips, get the bits you want off it and sell the rest and end up with the bits you need for negative £

It's just all the other bits and jobs that add up.

Ps don't do it ?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
a low boost stock 197/200 engine would be great and would still drive more like an na than a normal boosted engine. just do it properly, no chinese shite turbo, tubular manifold, custom pipework no bigger than 2" and a decent exhaust and you'll be laughing ?

i've also got an ly in that's going up for sale when it's finished and also just about to do a PROPER supercharged 200 using an eaton charger not a belt driven overpriced turbo!!!!
How much would that LY be up for???

Clio 197

Keep us posted as this is definitely of interest to me