ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AVO GTX coilovers

Ph2 172
Is anyone using these? I've currently got Bilstein B14s and I now agree that they're too soft for pure track use.

Budget is about £1k max and for that money the AVO seem like the best option. If anyone has any reviews or other suggestions please let me know!

Cheers

Ph2 172
Yeah I couldn't be chewed with AST and waiting months for a set.

Bought the AVOs, think one might be shagged already as I noticed when I went to fit them that one of the front shocks compressed really easily and then doesn't extend on its own, yet the other front shock does... Going to give them a call tomorrow but I'm not flooded with confidence at the moment.

What are your opinions, knackered shock or nothing to worry about? I'm a complete novice when it comes to the technical side!

Ph2 172
Update for anyone who may search;

Both front shocks are being sent back to AVO tomorrow for inspection.

Bought the AVOs, think one might be shagged already as I noticed when I went to fit them that one of the front shocks compressed really easily and then doesn't extend on its own, yet the other front shock does... Going to give them a call tomorrow but I'm not flooded with confidence at the moment.

What are your opinions, knackered shock or nothing to worry about? I'm a complete novice when it comes to the technical side!

Hello,

Sounds like an absolutely textbook case of not enough gas pressure, I won't go into why, but the long/short of it is that it could be a simple mistake from the factory (i.e. they haven't put enough gas in it upon assembly. However this would be odd from a decent brand, I can think of two companies which are half the price yet check every single production damper at the end of the line), there's a leak at the bottom of the damper tube and gas has escaped or finally the seal between the gas and damper oil isn't working properly thus allowing gas and oil to mix (they're supposed to stay very separate!).

Worn seals (leading to gas mixing with oil or just escaping completely out of the bottom of the damper) are very common and is a major reason why dampers have to be refurbed, so if you bought them second hand then it's no great surprise.

Ph2 172
Thanks for the info, they're brand new and unfitted.

Being collected tomorrow and taken back to AVO for inspection.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
I had a similar issue with avos I had on my old mr2 turbo, let evo know and they had collected, resolved and returned the shocks to me FOC in less than 2 weeks