ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Awesome!

Dudes the 182 is a madly capable machine (just had mine delivered today).

Done a few B-road miles and absolutely love it. Also opened it up on a couple of fast A roads and I still have a smile on my face now, 30 minutes after parking her up.

Two problems - missing Cup badges, and the front splitter being in a bag on the back seat! Not major issues, and Ill be on to the dealer first thing tomorrow to get them sorted.

Ignoring those two teething problems though - Im over the moon with the car. Its madly quick, go-kart nimble, and its been drawing admiring looks all afternoon. I am one happy geezer right now :D :D

Yaris Hybrid

Yeah FFS how long til they work out that a, they have to fit the splitter and b, not to f**k it up when they do fit it.

Lee

BMW M2C

Nice one Roy, glad to hear you are happy with it and those are the only problems, and minor ones too.

Get a few piccies up when you get the chance, that will be the first Inferno 182 Cup on here I think.

Quote: Originally posted by 182blue on 19 January 2005
though they only put cup badges on the publicity ones

That might be the case, but since I have it written down in my customer file, that I wanted them to ensure it had them, I think theyll damn well better get me some
:D

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 19 January 2005
Nice one Roy, glad to hear you are happy with it and those are the only problems, and minor ones too.

Get a few piccies up when you get the chance, that will be the first Inferno 182 Cup on here I think.

Cheers Lee, Ill get some pictures of it up asap :D

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 19 January 2005

Just wait until it starts to fall apart...
Theyre not all like that...Ive only had 2 things worked on under warranty, and both have been dealt with in a timely way and very efficiently.

I do vividly remember the "F*** me, this is mad!" feeling 5 mins after pulling away for the first time... great isnt it :D

It doesnt fade either, here I am, 13 months and 28,000 miles later, and I still sneak a peak out the bedroom window at it each night before going to bed :oops:

my exhaust fell apart !!!, then they cut it and joined new bit to it, and i have had sh*te customer service too. but still love the car

Cheers dude, shouldnt take long! Regards delivery miles, for those that were discussing this - it came with 6 on the clock, so happy with that.

This post will contain harsh language from the start...

Just been out for a proper spin and getting more confident with it now. This machine is f**kin mental! FLING it into a WET corner - no understeer no oversteer...just point and shoot. Exit corner at 5000rpm - plant the throttle and...f**k ME!!! Wahhhhhhhhhh!!!!! f**kin amazing little car. I just godda check me strides for skiddies...even if it isnt that quick by some standards, it feels supersonic, and has an almost god like ability to carry its speed into a corner...whilst daring you to f**kin nail it out of the bend on-cam.

The drive to work in the morning is gonna rock! B-road-tastic :cool:

Quote: Originally posted by GeeUK on 19 January 2005
Inferno is mint in the flesh I love it! Well done.

Dude Id never seen the colour before. When the trailer pulled into my street and I saw it for the first time, gleaming metalic orange with those sl*g wheels and jet black shiny tyres...well lets just say Ive never gotten wood over a car until today :eek:

BMW E46 330i Touring

lol, love that last quote!

Man I want one of these now. First, I wanted a Mk1 172, then I liked the newer shape so wanted a Mk2 172, then I thought Id just pop into the dealer and have a chat about the 182 and now Im desparate for one!

Damn you people with money....

Whats the finance option like with Renault!?!

LOL I should be a salesman then?

Seriously though, everything about car makes me smile. It looks like a sl*g for starters, but when you drive it...oh mamma! I just feel connected to the road, what I cant feel through the steering (compared to most modern cars) I can feel through my arse cheeks. I mean seriously, have you ever driven a car where your arse cheeks tell you what the back wheels are doing?

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

These cars are so loveable (sp) !!!! I mean no one has had there problems like me!!! And i still love it to bits lol!

Glad u like it mate.... Wicked colour to

Cheers guys, I really cant praise the car enough. Ive had a copule of cans now, just so I dont go out and smoke a tank of super unleaded before the morning :oops:

dk

911 GTS Cab

I think they designed new cup badges for the 182 and if so make sure the dealer doesnt fob you off with 172 cup badges.

Glad you are happy, need to see one in the flesh now as I still havent, only an inferno megane.

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

"When the trailer pulled into my street "

That explains why they didnt fit the splitter!

glad your happy fella but watch yourself on the sh*tty roads youll be gutted if you get overconfident and bin it as a result of poor roads and a lack of knowledge of the car, take it easy then when the roads clear up really start pushing it some more.

Cheers but dont worry mate. Ive stacked enough cars in my time to realise the car will tell me what its doing, rather than me demand things of it. I never drive fast unless I can see further than the distance I can stop in. A bold statement of course, as none of us are perfect, but suffice to say Im not about to 172 it.

Thats why I LOVE the Clio so much, it actually answers my mental questions...I go into a corner thinking "sh*t that patch looks a bit greasy and lumpy" and the car responds with exactly what I was thinking, right down to the painted line. A truly awe inspiring drivers car IMO.

P

peterh2

Yep there amazing really happy with mine. As Loony says though be careful in this weather as with the really stiff chassis they do have a habbit of going into snap oversteer when your not expecting it!

RB182cup&golf gti

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 19 January 2005

I think they designed new cup badges for the 182 and if so make sure the dealer doesnt fob you off with 172 cup badges.

Glad you are happy, need to see one in the flesh now as I still havent, only an inferno megane.
yes mine has the badges on the door pillars, they just say cup in silver writing