ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Joe's FF BG 182

Skoda Fabia VRS
B14's would be my choice. How ever if you're on a budget...I've a set of VGC cup shocks and coocksports soon to be for sale.
Shall be keeping an eye on this to see what happens, looks like a cracking little car fair play.
No budget really, I'm young, stupid, just got accepted into a well paid apprenticeship, and still living at home. :p Don't tell the Mrs though...

Skoda Fabia VRS
20471175878_706147854f_c.jpg

Skoda Fabia VRS
Having my exhaust sorted out Saturday/Sunday in Longlife (making it center and align correctly), along with the non res finally being fitted!

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
I desperately need that odd wheelnut swapped!

Car is looking good mate. If you still need a wheel bolt, then I have a spare original one you can have? Free of charge, just cover the postage of £1.50 or so.

Skoda Fabia VRS
Car is looking good mate. If you still need a wheel bolt, then I have a spare original one you can have? Free of charge, just cover the postage of £1.50 or so.
I may take you up on that buddy, I'll have to double check it's not just the one/it's not a locking wheel nut first!

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
I may take you up on that buddy, I'll have to double check it's not just the one/it's not a locking wheel nut first!

I have a full set here mate, including a set of lockers with the locking nut.

If a locker is needed instead, am happy to send out my full set of 4 with the locking tool, just call it a fiver including post!

Skoda Fabia VRS
Update, I've been let off with a Speeding Awareness course which means no insurance changes so Boost is still happening! If I had obtained points it wouldn't have been, as the premium would've rocketed to the moon.

Skoda Fabia VRS
Oil and filter changed along with me fitting the non res, such noise! Exhaust pops a lot more now and sounds more aggressive again, love it. I need a new centre section mount and two new clamps, other than that good progress is good progress.

Exhaust mounts all changed, standard fog surrounds in place instead of my one faded carbon fog surround (other was smashed to pieces from the crash), bought a 3M headlight restoration kit which will be done asap, maybe 5 minutes from posting this, who knows! Went down to Llandow yesterday with @josh11490 and went for a drive after, few photos and then an exhaust vid. We did a drive by video as well, but that'll be uploaded at another time.

40dfd75e5d.jpg

a882d0d767.jpg

afae650f6f.jpg

bfec86841f.jpg

c05b2411ef.jpg

That's not a scorpion rs192 its a SRN019 single rear silencer sounds totally different to the rs192.

Skoda Fabia VRS
5 hour cleaning session annihilated.

KKD Blizzard snow foam
Meguiars Gold class shampoo
G3 Clay mitt
Meguiars Quick detail
Autoglym super resin polish
Poor boys black hole glaze
Collinite 915
Water repellent (forgot the brand)

I'm definitely in need of a spa treatment, ironically I am tomorrow #bent.

21173418959_fd744fa541_c.jpg

21173408389_0a93e11d99_c.jpg

21360309165_429604c046_c.jpg

21173392109_529e471f27_c.jpg

21172429018_d4352e6860_c.jpg

21172423408_b860dba557_c.jpg

21334021346_34b589a16f_c.jpg

Looks real tidy Joe

I reckon black is a very rewarding colour to clean...even if it does get dirty in 5 minutes

Cleaned mine on Friday and within 24 hours you would of never guessed that I had - joys of a black car on country lanes!

Deffo need to get some lows on there though, I'm running Cooksports on my cup suspension and I'm really impressed! Perfect drop I reckon for comfort and practicality

What size wheel spacers are you using? And I assume that they're cup offset turinis (rather than the trophy)

James

Oh btw, please sort your exhaust mounts out...its offending my ocd haha

Skoda Fabia VRS
Looks real tidy Joe

I reckon black is a very rewarding colour to clean...even if it does get dirty in 5 minutes

Cleaned mine on Friday and within 24 hours you would of never guessed that I had - joys of a black car on country lanes!

Deffo need to get some lows on there though, I'm running Cooksports on my cup suspension and I'm really impressed! Perfect drop I reckon for comfort and practicality

What size wheel spacers are you using? And I assume that they're cup offset turinis (rather than the trophy)

James

Oh btw, please sort your exhaust mounts out...its offending my ocd haha
5 minutes? You're getting lucky!

I'm currently on the Eibach 15-20mm setup on standard dampers, I'm looking to get cooksports in the future with brand new cup shocks so I'm in your good books there!
No spacers, and I'm not sure if they're cup offset or Turni's mate, I'm noob when it comes to wheels...
It's getting sorted this week, would've been Saturday but my forearms were shot! I've got a new middle section mount, two exhaust clamps and adjusting how the rear sits. :smile:

5 minutes? You're getting lucky!

I'm currently on the Eibach 15-20mm setup on standard dampers, I'm looking to get cooksports in the future with brand new cup shocks so I'm in your good books there!
No spacers, and I'm not sure if they're cup offset or Turni's mate, I'm noob when it comes to wheels...
It's getting sorted this week, would've been Saturday but my forearms were shot! I've got a new middle section mount, two exhaust clamps and adjusting how the rear sits. :smile:
Haha true, but it's worth it just for those couple of seconds! You've just got to make sure you get a photo though as a reminder that you did actually clean it lol

I stand corrected, thought that was original height!

No doubt new cup shocks and Cooksports will handle lovely, and look the part as well - after seeing the price of cup shocks I'm half tempted to refresh mine, £140 for a complete set seems good value to me!!

I'm amazed, they love look like they've got spacers to me!! Really come out and sit almost flush with the arches, I'm guessing that they're cup offset ones

Will look spot on when the exhaust is sorted buddy

Clio 182
Just read this, car looks great pal. Think that non res section was mine, does sound incredible. Making me want to get non res for my miltek when it arrives, ah.
Good efforts tho, press on with the boost!

Skoda Fabia VRS
Haha true, but it's worth it just for those couple of seconds! You've just got to make sure you get a photo though as a reminder that you did actually clean it lol

I stand corrected, thought that was original height!

No doubt new cup shocks and Cooksports will handle lovely, and look the part as well - after seeing the price of cup shocks I'm half tempted to refresh mine, £140 for a complete set seems good value to me!!

I'm amazed, they love look like they've got spacers to me!! Really come out and sit almost flush with the arches, I'm guessing that they're cup offset ones

Will look spot on when the exhaust is sorted buddy
My only problem is that I scrape on my drive as the car sits now due to living in f**king Wales, in some stupid valley (horrendous driveway below)
1f3bae201f.jpg

4b23ca5305.jpg

Me learning to drive 4 years ago :p
Two new exhaust clamps fitted along with a new middle mount, except the rubber is touching the exhaust, so I presume the hanger has bent slightly somehow. No pics of the tailpipes as they're even more off now, so I won't upset your OCD anymore haha!

Just read this, car looks great pal. Think that non res section was mine, does sound incredible. Making me want to get non res for my miltek when it arrives, ah.
Good efforts tho, press on with the boost!
Cheers buddy! It does sound bloody awesome, only problem is that it drones inside the car, and with me having had tinnitus for a many years it does me no good! The car also basically pops like the overrun map when blipping the throttle since fitting the non res, +1000000!
I can't wait until next Spring, counting down the days!

Clio 182
Oh god, yeah thats why i got rid as it hurts at 5k revs. I loved just hitting the accelerator briefly to make it pop. Think ill stick to res. Has your scorpion sealed well? My blows all the time and its brand new. Thats the sole reason to move to miltek!

Skoda Fabia VRS
Oh god, yeah thats why i got rid as it hurts at 5k revs. I loved just hitting the accelerator briefly to make it pop. Think ill stick to res. Has your scorpion sealed well? My blows all the time and its brand new. Thats the sole reason to move to miltek!
'Eh'.
Not brilliantly, I've sorted a blow at the rear but it's blowing from the decat-non res connection. If all goes well I'll hopefully have a custom exhaust job next year, or move to PMS.

Clio 182
'Eh'.
Not brilliantly, I've sorted a blow at the rear but it's blowing from the decat-non res connection. If all goes well I'll hopefully have a custom exhaust job next year, or move to PMS.

Yeah thats what mine does. Miltek is sleeved so no issue! A blowing exhaust is my worst nightmare, hate it.

Full custom if youre turboing it surely! Make some noise!

Skoda Fabia VRS
Right, I'm hitting a wall with the Clio. I'm having mixed emotions as to whether to go ahead with the Turbo conversion next year. I'm unsure if I'll get the satisfaction I desire, and from the amount of money it's going to cost (£4-£5k roughly). Part of me says do it, you're young, living at home with no commitments, but another part of me says sell up and get something else as it's a load of money I'll never see again. I think the main thing putting me off is that I've never experienced a boosted clio before, so I don't know if my hopes are realistic etc. The other aspect is problems due to the conversion itself; ie causing further problems down the line, mishaps during the build itself, or the turbo causing other components to fail due to the strain. Someone, feed my thoughts and give me logical/un-logical comments and opinions. I'm undecided where I stand with this at the moment.

On a different note, had a Nankang NS2 fitted this evening and went to Brecon on Sunday, awesome roads and a great day out with fellow RenaultSport enthusiasts.

21388141859_5830627359_c.jpg

21548835996_fec1eefe70_c.jpg

Clio 182
If i was in your shoes (kind of am, young, no commitments ect) i would be looking for a boosted car from factory. So many horror stories from when people boost cars and engines die ect ect, however i do suppose you only hear the problems on here as people ask for advice ect. Im looking at meg 250s next, toyed with the boost idea but too much risk and i havent got the mechanical intelligence, ill be relying on mechanic/others too much. All my own opinion of course..

Skoda Fabia VRS
If i was in your shoes (kind of am, young, no commitments ect) i would be looking for a boosted car from factory. So many horror stories from when people boost cars and engines die ect ect, however i do suppose you only hear the problems on here as people ask for advice ect. Im looking at meg 250s next, toyed with the boost idea but too much risk and i havent got the mechanical intelligence, ill be relying on mechanic/others too much. All my own opinion of course..
Same thoughts as yourself. I'm no where near knowledgeable enough fix or overcome any issues that popped up along the way. Decision time I suppose...

My advice would be to not be in such a hurry to progress onto the next thing/car. You've had a lot of love out of this Clio, spent some on it and put the effort in, so why not just enjoy it? Save the money for when something grabs you and you don't have any doubts about spending it. Who knows, maybe you'll get the opportunity to do something amazing, do some travelling etc. Seeing some more of the world was the best thing I've ever done when I was a bit younger. It cost me a small fortune but I'd pay twice as much now, for half the experience I got! You can always turbo the Clio later if you keep it and regret not going for it.

Oh and why not try and get to a club meet, where you know a turbo'd Clio will be attending?

Skoda Fabia VRS
What cars you looking at instead?
R26
Focus ST
Mazda 3 MPS

Not much thought into it really, but I think as Josh pointed out below, a track car is possibly what I desire. Maintain the clio, upgrade and add better features (Recaros, cooksports+cup dampers, 2118's, whiteline rarb). I love the Clio too much to get rid of it, so I figure why not keep it and cherish it, I won't be putting hardly any miles on it from next month as I'll have a works van. Then a track car like josh for a toy and to have some fun with.

Just my 2p worth.
I'd love to boost mine... but I probably won't.

I own an Audi S3 too, and although it's way way quicker. The Clio is more fun to drive and far more satisfying. Maybe some of this satisfaction will be lost with a boost conversion as you'll be constantly part throttle and on the brakes on a b road blast.

I've had a 20v turbo mk2 golf, impreza, vxr astra nurburgring, the s3, etc

The best car for sheer enjoyment is the least powerful pair of the lot, the mini Cooper s r53 and this Clio. The s2000 was extremely good to drive too.

So seems for me, NA is best for sheer driving involvement and satisfaction.
Boost for just breakneck speed and acceleration style of satisfaction.

Boost sounds epic though, love the wild rush sound etc.

To me though, less is more. Better balance...., as too much power causes traction issues and you can find you focus more on keeping it on the road than actually enjoying pushing on.... as in my mk2 golf. Horrific in the bends even with uprated suspension.

Clio 182
R26
Focus ST
Mazda 3 MPS

Not much thought into it really, but I think as Josh pointed out below, a track car is possibly what I desire. Maintain the clio, upgrade and add better features (Recaros, cooksports+cup dampers, 2118's, whiteline rarb). I love the Clio too much to get rid of it, so I figure why not keep it and cherish it, I won't be putting hardly any miles on it from next month as I'll have a works van. Then a track car like josh for a toy and to have some fun with.

Yeah, i am down this route atm. I have seats and cage coming along with alloys next few months. I love my little clio so ill have it until it dies, then move on!