ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Joe's FF BG 182

Skoda Fabia VRS
First of all, I'm not new to this Forum, but I've never really posted before other than to fool about trolling @JaredHasNoBrain , or no breath. But can gladly say that's about to change!

I took a long drive yesterday to Liverpool from Bridgend, South Wales to go and look at a FF BG 182. Safe to say, she was exactly as described, if not a bit better in person. So I'm now the proud owner of this:

(excuse the crappy pictures, i-Phone 4S problems.)

646b1d74d9.jpg

c578b72bb8.jpg

8f0180d085.jpg

18d508329a.jpg

e5f951fcfb.jpg

There she is, and I absolutely love it.

I've upgraded from a shed of a VTS, that was originally going to be turned into a fast road/track car, but lost interest so have been keeping my eyes peeled for a 1*2 for some time now.

Anyway, the goodies!

75k miles
Full Service history with Renault major service stamps
All belts etc changed less than 1000 miles ago with proof
RS192 Catback with standard cat
Polybushed dog bone mount
Brembo grooved discs with racing blue fluid and braided lines
Cup Turinis sandblasted and powder coated Anthracite last week (182 wheels are sold)
PMS solid top mounts
PMS Strut brace
Both cup packs, so the uprated suspension/interior goodies; cruise control, climate control, auto lights etc
Ktec floor mats/boot mat
Fabia front splitter
Carbon fog surrounds, thumb grips, door bullets
Exterior is in amazing condition bar two tiny tiny little dings, and small scratches (not noticeable until you look for them)
Interior is absolutely mint

I'm over the moon with the car, it handles amazingly and the power is more than I expected! My VTS was a stripped out mess so it was very light, with 421, decat, and supersprint straight through so it was quick, but the 182 is something else, especially with weighing a fair bit more! I haven't really got any plans for this at the moment, just mainly maintaining it regardless, and upgrading the speakers/adding an aux output (if someone could give me a knowhow on the aux output with a standard head unit, that'd be great :) ).

So yeah, here's my car and hopefully I'll get some feedback from you guys.

Megane 250
Looks good bud, Jelous of the carbon trim looking forward to seeing it on the weekend, get a few pictures of the 2 BG's haha!

Skoda Fabia VRS
Was awaiting those comments. My Bamp was just before over protective, making sure no leaks etc, coming from a saxo you're used to these things. :grin:

Megane 250
Hahaha i still look under my clio regular, used to checking for oil/water coming out my 106! Told you that you would love the clio!

Skoda Fabia VRS
Hahaha i still look under my clio regular, used to checking for oil/water coming out my 106! Told you that you would love the clio!
I gave up on the S', just don't care for it anymore! I seriously can't believe how much I like it dude :grin:

Megane 250
I gave up on the S', just don't care for it anymore! I seriously can't believe how much I like it dude :grin:
I think I wouldve been the same with my GTi if i didnt have the money in it that i have or if i didnt do that track day in it.

The Clio is a better car alround.

Skoda Fabia VRS
Some slightly better pictures!

8fa7558c86.jpg

5023ce0fb9.jpg

8c9b510f12.jpg

Was meant to show the carbon door bullets, but damn that reflection! All be it quite dusty... Damn motorways.

2c56a6d73b.jpg

c66349ddf5.jpg

Skoda Fabia VRS
Looks lovely that mate. All i would change is the black turinis for a nice silver. Will really set it off.
They only got refurbed last week :kissingclosed:
I've always liked the 'stealth' look, so it's bang on for me and exactly what I want, but I have to admit a BG with silver Turini's does look smart!

Averaging roughly 36mpg according to the tripometer on the motorway, with mixed 30/50 roads, can't complain at that with the odd spirited bit!

Megane 250
Get real carbon badges from streamline if you do, after having real carbon on the car, it wouldn't be right to have fake imo.

Skoda Fabia VRS
No updates really other than me fitting the Aux adapter, and currently locating it here:
d02b7ca784.jpg

Other than that, gave the car a basic wash and here are some pics during.

261a9efee1.jpg

b15385ff49.jpg

7dd9631c34.jpg

5e6abfb737.jpg

c1f5c9439c.jpg

Skoda Fabia VRS
Okay now, there's an update!

Just bought the following
Nilfisk Alto Pressure Washer
X
L Microfibre drying towels
18 Polish/wax pads
2x Microfibre washing mitts (one for wheels, one for the car itself)

About to take a trip to Halfrauds for some other goodies!

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Okay now, there's an update!

Just bought the following
Nilfisk Alto Pressure Washer
XL Microfibre drying towels
18 Polish/wax pads
2x Microfibre washing mitts (one for wheels, one for the car itself)

About to take a trip to Halfrauds for some other goodies!
AutoFinesse Tripple is a good shout, handy all in one polish, glaze and wax! Some quick detailing spray is awesome too, I apply mine with a damp drying towel after a wash for the shine and to add a layer of lubrication between the paint and cloth to avoid causing any marksdue to specks of dirt I've maybe missed that may be caught by the towel.

Skoda Fabia VRS
Went for a lovely drive up Brecon/Black Mountains yesterday with @josh11490 , nothing better than two BG's on those roads! Couple of pictures to follow. Was a brilliant bit of road, just a shame we decided to go on a Bank Holiday so Brecon was absolutely rammed with people.

cf29ed96e9.jpg

a4c5ac3240.jpg

44d20f2da1.jpg

931a99bf5c.jpg

8ee067e06f.jpg

Megane 250
Was a really nice drive out, Really enjoyed it, We will have to do it again when its less busy, Couldnt enjoy any of the nicer roads.

Like the pictures of the 2 cars together!

Skoda Fabia VRS
Gave the car another clean yesterday, switched up my shampoo to Meguiars Gold Class, it smells amazing! Also a lot thicker than the previous Shampoo I had used. First time drying a car with Microfibre towels too, what a difference it makes. No soap bubbles, and just looked overall much better. Then I had bought Autoglym Super Resin Polish, so gave that a little test and she looked very shiny! My pressure washer and applicator pads came today, should have XL Microfibre towels and Microfibre wash mitts tomorrow. :blush: Also I've ordered @The Fatty 's KTec alternative induction setup, should be all here by Monday! Few pics of the BG all cleaned up.

011a13ecd3.jpg

2979b6849d.jpg

4df44eb98d.jpg

094ca46578.jpg

Skoda Fabia VRS
So I got the rest of my goodies today, bar one thing, the aluminium elbow joiner which should be here Tuesday.

c8fe447ce4.jpg

d54f15acde.jpg

This came with the phone holder, LOL.
a76772c20a.jpg

b1ad5bf845.jpg

eb831a3cde.jpg

cac7c11c7e.jpg

ramair-universal-air-filter-70mm-offset-neck-125mm-tall.jpg

Google image search as puush is being a bit of a penis end atm. Hoping to get some Snowfoam and a nozzle attatchment ordered by the end of the week for FCS prep!

Skoda Fabia VRS
Updaaaaaaates!

Roight, so the Elbow joiner came yesterday! Woke up about 5:00pm (I work nights :( ) and set right off to uninstalling the standard airbox setup, and fitting the new one! Was a bit of a bother with the standard air feed, but in the end all went A-okay. Previous setup off, new setup on.

449334bac5.jpg

29b5cf7d81.jpg

Engine bay needs a cheeky clean/tidy, but just showing the difference. Very happy with the outcome, the engine sounds so much more hearty and gives a gorgeous sound above 5k.

Then gave the car another wash/clean just then using my new pressure washer, I love a new toy!

a7a242af1f.jpg

57f6238ae4.jpg

7af35eea77.jpg

That reflection again!
0571c48da4.jpg

128ec79fd4.jpg

ebde4b1817.jpg

Right, issue time.
My Turinis were sandblasted and freshly powdercoated by the previous owner the same week I bought the car, they look fantastic, but I noticed this today.

88e1d6c5ce.jpg

df76dc35b4.jpg

b78d5cb2b5.jpg

What could be the cause of this happening? The only product I use is Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo, so I don't use anything acidic that could were the coating. Cheapo job possibly? I know he had these done at a mates garage, so just wondering if any corners could've been cut? Not a huge deal anyway, you can't notice it until up quite close.
Another topic, I'll be heading to FCS Saturday and on the UKFO's stand, anyone else attending? :)

Skoda Fabia VRS
Also just found this photo from about 4-5 months ago, bit of an upgrade since then, but I do miss this car! Paintwork was beautiful for a 15 odd year old VTS, but she was rotting in the boot, on the sills, boot floor, top mount, and under the drivers footwell, along with other issues so had to go.

86415cc5dc.jpg

Skoda Fabia VRS
Purchased a Scorpion Decat last night, should be here Thursday so Friday I'll get that fitted with @josh11490 , then we're going to give my headlights a going over and I'm all ready for FCS!

Ex 182 owner
Pleased it got to you ok Joe, enjoy the extra noise.

FYI. it looks like that they have rattle canned your centers with out removing or covering the renault badges. The renault badge is actually meant to be silver. It ight be the spray finsh has not stuck to the chrome effect of the badge.

Ex 182 owner
You can buy the centers new from renault still but obviously the paint match will be a lottery as to how good bad it looks with the powder.

Skoda Fabia VRS
Pleased it got to you ok Joe, enjoy the extra noise.

FYI. it looks like that they have rattle canned your centers with out removing or covering the renault badges. The renault badge is actually meant to be silver. It ight be the spray finsh has not stuck to the chrome effect of the badge.

You can buy the centers new from renault still but obviously the paint match will be a lottery as to how good bad it looks with the powder.
Ah I hadn't even thought of that, cheers mate. Thought the whole wheel was going to start turning out like it!

Skoda Fabia VRS
Friday I headed over to @josh11490 's and fit the Decat, then gave the car a complete overhaul ready for French Car Show. Very happy with the Decat, added a little extra va va voom, if you will. Not much of a noise increase inside the car, but it's now louder and has a more 'grunty' sound again.

Left at 6:30 Saturday morning and headed towards Magor services near Newport for a cheeky McDonald's Breakfast, mmmm. Met up with @josh11490 and headed off to Castle Combe! Had an awesome day there, and my jaw dropped at just how many Clio Sports had actually attended. I participated in the Parade lap for a young lad who passed away last year due to Leukemia, he had a Boosted 106 GTi. I can safely say as soon as I stepped foot onto the track, all be it a parade lap, I wanted to book track time there and then. :astonished: But as of now the Bg is my pride and joy, so that's a no go! Anyway, the car was faultless the entire drive and actually a pleasure on a long journey, didn't snap any pictures but had a quick shot taken on the UKFO stand which was where I was parked, if anyone actually spotted me.

7160ea9998.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Looks lovely and clean in the last pic. BG is amazing in the sun when the rays hit it :cool:

One thing i would do is remove the fog surrounds and give them a couple of coats of lacquer.

Skoda Fabia VRS
Looks lovely and clean in the last pic. BG is amazing in the sun when the rays hit it :cool:

One thing i would do is remove the fog surrounds and give them a couple of coats of lacquer.
Thanks mate, made sure it looked tip top so quick detailed it when I arrived. I'm amazed at how much it gleams from a simple clean and polish! 😌
They do need redoing at some point, my splitter needs refitting also, but I know for a fact my bloody driveway will pull it off again in time. I'll get a pic of my driveway at some point just to show how bad it is lol.

Megane 250
I was thinking about your splitter, if you out a load of self rappers relatively close together the length of the bumper, it may help to stop it getting caught and come of so easily?

Skoda Fabia VRS
I was thinking about your splitter, if you out a load of self rappers relatively close together the length of the bumper, it may help to stop it getting caught and come of so easily?
I was thinking where's my replacement carbon sideskirt? I debated taking the splitter off, but it won't go well. I'll just have to get B14's and have the rear a notch lower haha.

Megane 250
I was thinking where's my replacement carbon sideskirt? I debated taking the splitter off, but it won't go well. I'll just have to get B14's and have the rear a notch lower haha.
I'm on the side skirt like a tramp in chips.

They look gash with no splitter.

B14s, and slam the rear. Front standard height.