ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

B&M, <<<Any1 interested

Half stripped mk2 172
thats a very good price. tou thinking of getting them now, or after the new year, cos that would be better for me.

vince

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Yep, John's hooked us up! lol..I'd rather give him the business, than some1 else.

Ali

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
mid-late jan? Is there snow in glasgow ross?

emm not where i am .... its sunny. im at home ill :( works night out last night lol. :dead:
is it snowing there ???

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
BBT's shortshifter is definately different, Dave from BBT was on here a while ago about it, it certainly looks it from the pic of my old B&M and theirs (on ebay 8020639102)

Last edited:

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Who has had both. The BB one has a renault fitting kit included and is dedicated to the 172/182..

Sounds like this is the one to go for..

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^ Doesn't look as nice tho, and to be fair it's exactly the same kit, they just say it's "Specifically" designed for renaults.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
^ Doesn't look as nice tho, and to be fair it's exactly the same kit, they just say it's "Specifically" designed for renaults.

I thought someone said it was different ?

On BB's website it states the differences over "i presume" the B&M kit.....plus you dont get a 172/182 specific fitting kit with the B&M.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
Yeah it is supposed to be better designed that the B&M one which some peopelsa workswell and others have problemswith if you search forprevious comments.

Would rather pay £100 myself than £150 if I was looking for one of these. Less money wasted if you have problems with it.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Matty said:
Yeah it is supposed to be better designed that the B&M one which some peopelsa workswell and others have problemswith if you search forprevious comments.

Would rather pay £100 myself than £150 if I was looking for one of these. Less money wasted if you have problems with it.

I rather pay for the one that works the best...if any.

Who has got the BB one, is it any good ???

People who have got the B&M some say they have issues with it.

Clio 172
Just got one, and I love it. Remember that you will need access to a ramp in order to fit it, or pay for an hour of an expert's time (Cheers Mike at Rentech).

Clio 172
The B&M one from K-Tec. You have to get under the car to fit it and the retaining clip was a real arse to get in and you are working around the exhaust pipe. It would be very tricky doing it with the car on a couple of track stands! Well worth spending out for an hours labour:eek:

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
Remeber some people finding reverse and another gear quite difficult with the B&M. Think some peopel have filed down part of where is goes in to make it work better. BBPT is supposed to fit better but that is in their blurb I think.

And they used to sell the B&M one so if they have got another one in to replace it could be one of the main factors why. Unless a lot cheaper as cannot understand why they are so cheap on ebay compared to shop but guess not paying VAT is some of it.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
I think the group buy should be on the BB one...

Who has the e-bay link for it, 100 quid ?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I'm happier to stick with the B&M till some1 tells me something about the BB one. Theres a vid on the site and it doesn't look that good at all....

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
yeah unless theres proper evidence on the BB one or if someone has it and can tell us about it being better then i think we should stick with the B+M one as its a tried and tested one that various other people use/have used.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
glasgow182 said:
yeah unless theres proper evidence on the BB one or if someone has it and can tell us about it being better then i think we should stick with the B+M one as its a tried and tested one that various other people use/have used.

Tried and tested yes but some say its not that good..

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
EVOgone said:
Tried and tested yes but some say its not that good..

yeah but noone has said anything about the BB one so how do we know its not worse.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
glasgow182 said:
yeah but noone has said anything about the BB one so how do we know its not worse.

exactly , how do we not know its not better......

Need the answers before the to decide..

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I prefer the design of the B&M and they do the same thing, so i'd rather stick to what i've tried...I know they work...

But...i am open to idea's..Tho john has got us a good deal on the B&M

jonnyjogpants said:
very Interested, its just the cost is a little too much

if the price is right hhhmmmmmm

which ever one fits the best for an clio extreme 1.2 16 for me please

cant wait

i dont know myself which is the best one

Half stripped mk2 172
mike from rentech has one, he says its brilliant, had a go at it meself as well, wasnt hard, just about normal, i think the b&m ones are good, when you think that they are a huge company compare to bbt, i think we should stick with b&m.

Vince

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
BB will not do a group but at 100£ as they are on eBay, they will be be around the 150-160£ mark...and in that case i'd Far rather have a B&M, As john has already PM'd me a decent price inc delivery.

AstraVan Sportive
And with the B&Ms, any problems can be resolved through me by Eibach who import them into the UK, a big company as we all know :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
This is for the B&M...Please confirm/Add or erase from list. Ta

Ali
Lee
Patty
Agketley
Evogone ??
Ross
Benji&eka
Makavelli
Vince