ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

B&M Short shifter..?!?!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
aaaahhhh i hate them i hate them

5th is le noN exsitent nor is reverse..

theres no real "quicker shift" as the syncros (sp) limit that .....they just f**k up the already weak box!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE THEM!

Agree, they might seem really good for a short time but they WILL damage the box and will be a very costly mistake in the end.

My friend had one and he was throwing it about the gears with ease and then one day it just wouldnt go into second or 3rd.

Took it to reno and they said the syncros had worn out and would cost over 600 quid to sort out!!!

that made my mind up really

Lionel Richie
how will it damage the box? if its installed correctly and the driver doesn't drive it like a numpty it won't damage anything

you're only moving the pivot point of the gearstick

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
there but moving the point reduses the throw

that box does not like getting rushed...the phrase "quick shift and jc5 in a reletionship" just makes me go all funny...

peopkl

FredYozzasport said:
how will it damage the box? if its installed correctly and the driver doesn't drive it like a numpty it won't damage anything

you're only moving the pivot point of the gearstick

Thats what ive read, loadsa people on here have said it and my friends box fucked up so that was enough for me really.

Maybe he drove like a dick i dont know but i dont think ill get one tbh

Lionel Richie
you have to align the linkage correctly when you install it, not just "slap it on" 95% of people don't bother checking the linkage

FredYozzasport said:
you have to align the linkage correctly when you install it, not just "slap it on" 95% of people don't bother checking the linkage

how do you do that? maybe thats why some f**k up then

Lionel Richie
you have to adjust the length of the linkage (not always though)

thats why some people struggle to get 5th and reverse

FredYozzasport said:
you have to adjust the length of the linkage (not always though)

thats why some people struggle to get 5th and reverse

Oh right, i might have a look at getting one then. Are they easy to fit?

had mine over a year and no problems, it actually solved my gear changing issues due to the ultra sloppy old unit, tight like a tiger and smooth as anything, i could just be lucky tho

S-Max
^Of course it speeds you up, if you can change gear quicker then you will get to 60 or 100 or whatever speed you want to get to quicker.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
hhhmmmm who sells these?

had one on me punto and loved it

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
keben6 said:
^Of course it speeds you up, if you can change gear quicker then you will get to 60 or 100 or whatever speed you want to get to quicker.

The box doesn't allow you to rush the changes in such a matter. You'll either get an almighty crunch or the syncro's will be shot in 1000miles.

I like mine, but my box has been punished.

Wee vid from ages ago.

http://media.putfile.com/BM-24

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
waste of money, had one on the rs, felt great to start with, after a few months it was getting really tiresome changing gear. i took it off & started to enjoy changing gear again, standard suited me better as i dont yank the stick about like im changing the points at a crossing.