ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

B18/K20 conversion

Clio Sport 172
Hey everyone,
I've been thinking about the possibility of putting in a b18 or k20 engine in the Clio - it's a 172 2002- and was just wondering if anyone has done that? I've only seen one example on here, are there any others? Would really love to see more examples!
Also, how much work and money is needed to achieve something like this and is it worth it?

Thanks for reading :D

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Fair few done it now, into mk1, mk2 and even mk3 clios. Just Google it, should find a good few hits

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
B Series might be more of a ball ache with mounts etc due to it being an anti clockwise rotation engine, also K Series is just better.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Hey everyone,
I've been thinking about the possibility of putting in a b18 or k20 engine in the Clio - it's a 172 2002- and was just wondering if anyone has done that? I've only seen one example on here, are there any others? Would really love to see more examples!
Also, how much work and money is needed to achieve something like this and is it worth it?

Thanks for reading :D

A lot of work and money 😂

Engine and box alone are 1500ish.

The kit to mount the engine I’ve purchased (haven’t received it yet) which is the same as the YT video above, is 2500 and that doesn’t include wiring etc. Chassis leg needs cutting/welding etc.

Then service, maintenance parts and mods on top.

But be worth it if you can do or the guys making the kit in that YT video do a drive in drive out service for £5K

A lot of work and money 😂

Engine and box alone are 1500ish.

The kit to mount the engine I’ve purchased (haven’t received it yet) which is the same as the YT video above, is 2500 and that doesn’t include wiring etc. Chassis leg needs cutting/welding etc.

Then service, maintenance parts and mods on top.

But be worth it if you can do or the guys making the kit in that YT video do a drive in drive out service for £5K

I think Ill stick to low boost turbo and dog box tbf!