ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

B2 + mobile camera vans

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182

Just passed a mobile speed camera van but my B2 didant go off or make any alert to tell me there was 1 there,I dont think i was goin over the limit,Would it have only gone off if id been going over the limit or could it be because he didant have me in is sighting scope thing:confused:

Thanks

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

It would go off if he laserd you, or if it is a frequently used site and therefore in the databasde.

Id say you should be ok...unless he got you by radar?

[Edited by MarkCup on 28 April 2005 at 5:50pm]

Ford Fiesta

the B2 can have a radar sensor fitted as well cant it? though most use laser now for mobile sites.

may be hed ust got there and wasnt running it yet, he didnt aim at your car cos u looked to be under the limit, he did aim at your car and your sensor is too high and didnt pick it up?

whole host of reasons...

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

A) Double check you have laser switched on !!! a lot of people have it off...it comes et off as standard.

B) He may not have been targetting you at all hence your OK

C) Mostly use laser now and not radar...

D) Ideally u want to put lasr middle of screen in line of number plate..... or if u can weatherproof it ;) near numberplate at frotn of car

E) Yes you can by additioanl radar attattchemnt.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

my dads is the same. the vans read the speed of all cars according to a program i watched on the tv. but my dads has never alerted for mobile cams!

so where can u get the additional laser ? or radar? attatchment??

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182

My laser bit definatley on,and im sure it was on by default,I have mine mounted in the bottom square bit of the screen as i heard it wouldent work throught the heat reflective screen,Is that true?, as if not id probably move it a little higher over the wipers.

Ford Fiesta

J273, if its the laser sensor you are referring to, then blackspot say anti UV screen have no effect on them so mount them where you like.

Even so with my road angel I like to have laser sensor looking out of the square bit, luckily for me my wipers are low enough to allow this.

I know momst b2 owners mount them near the rear view mirrow, but the closer you can get them to the number plate the better, i.e low down in the middle of the screen. Just remember it needs a clear view of the road, as laser (light) cant travel though the wipers.

I dont know what the optional radar sensor looks like on the B2, if you get one of these then mount it higher I would suggest as radar is not like laser and scatters much more.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 29 April 2005
J273, if its the laser sensor you are referring to, then blackspot say anti UV screen have no effect on them so mount them where you like. Even so with my road angel I like to have laser sensor looking out of the square bit, luckily for me my wipers are low enough to allow this.I know momst b2 owners mount them near the rear view mirrow, but the closer you can get them to the number plate the better, i.e low down in the middle of the screen. Just remember it needs a clear view of the road, as laser (light) cant travel though the wipers.I dont know what the optional radar sensor looks like on the B2, if you get one of these then mount it higher I would suggest as radar is not like laser and scatters much more.

Ok thanks alot mate,Ill probably move it up a little higher then jut over the wipers,I know its been mentioned before but wasent too sure so just mounted it in the square to be on the safe side but seems to me to be obstructed by the wipers,Thanks anyway