ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back after 4 years - Ph1 172

Ad

MK2 FRS
Sold my Ph1 172 4 years ago to Edd on here and just loitered on here since then.

After driving a LR Disco and the Volvo for the past 12 months I'd had enough, so after a few beers one night over the weekend I bid on a Ph1 172 on eBay 250miles away from home.

Trailer arranged and off I went to collect it from Haverfordswest. Only photo I have for now is:
Clio.jpg

No MOT its been stood for the past 12months+
66000 miles, 3 owners, no history, but VOSA MOT logs back up the mileage
Good body and interior condition. Front bumper needs paint, small patch of rust on bonnet edge.

Needs:
Cambelt Service
Front pad and discus
Solving start motor issue, (maybe battery)
radio

Will get some better photos when I have more time and have completed the first few jobs.

Smiled most of the way home when I looked at it through the back window.:eek:

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I can't believe it's 4 years since I bought TLC off you. Look forward to see how the OB turns out, best colour for a PH1.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Od blue !! yes-

Its a great colour - not sure I will get it as tidy as yours though!

I can't believe it's 4 years since I bought TLC off you. Look forward to see how the OB turns out, best colour for a PH1.

Crazy to think it was 4 years ago - spotted TLC on pistonheads a few months ago with 95000 on the clock! up for 1900! eek

Looks nice! Hope it was a decent price since it need a bit of work!

Yeah the price was pretty reasonable, not mega cheap, but cheap enough to do the bits and not loose anything.

5pot? Even better! I do like V50s, they use them as rapid response ambulances around here and they look ace. Running lights and everything!

Ad

MK2 FRS
Subscribed - nearly brought this myself!

lol I could decided if to bid or not, but then just went for it. It was between this and the titanium one that need a new engine. Didnt expect to win it, thought it would go for 100 or 2 more.

120d M Sport
Watched this on eBay, personally I think for what it went for you got a real good price. As essentially it's a low mileage tidy ph1 and most of them need a 2nd cambelt change by now.

still got love for mine, they drive so well with fresh suspension and brakes

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
lol I could decided if to bid or not, but then just went for it. It was between this and the titanium one that need a new engine. Didnt expect to win it, thought it would go for 100 or 2 more.

Still want another mk1 172.

This was only 1 mile from my mums your lucky she not got a garage.

Think titanium looks so much better IMO!

Ad

MK2 FRS
Still want another mk1 172.

This was only 1 mile from my mums your lucky she not got a garage.

Think titanium looks so much better IMO!

My last ph1 was titanium and it suits the ph1 well. Nice to have something different this time.

tbh the garage storage was an issue for me, so it's currently in the compound at work. Adds pressure to get it road worthy as we don't have a drive at home and I can't really leave it at work for more than a month.

Ad

MK2 FRS
So by way of a quick update:

- Can't get to the bottom the of starting issues -http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?697362-Starter-Relay-Ph1-172-(won-t-start)
taking a better look at it tomorrow.

Bump started it today and gave it a good run. Only a couple of extra things to look at:

- Exhaust centre mount
- tracking is out
- No locking wheel nut, so these will need to be manually removed.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Just a little update to the where abouts and fortunes of the little Odyssey... I'm delighted to tell you, that all running issues seem to have been resolved, as we drove it down to Linas-Montlhery 2 weeks ago for a v6 and Renault Sport track day. It was absolutely FANTASTIC!!! AND, we drove it home again.. no trailers here! lol A round trip of 1000 miles, seamless..

Pics to follow.. :D